Quantcast

Fontana February World Champs

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Went to fontucky to shoot Kovarik for DIRT-MBUK-Chain Reaction, I am not posting those, but here are some 'quality snaps' of some amateur dudes if anyone gives a phluck. These guys were all guinea pigs for my flashes, hence the lame flash positions and settings.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Went to fontucky to shoot Kovarik for DIRT-MBUK-Chain Reaction, I am not posting those, but here are some 'quality snaps' of some amateur dudes if anyone gives a phluck. These guys were all guinea pigs for my flashes, hence the lame flash positions and settings.

You got FURBEE 1 and 2 back to back! NICE.......
Hope they do good! Good wheelspin and sharp..

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Did roost guards come into fashion while my back was turned?

First kid in the dancing slippers looks pinned .

Best pic there however is of your wee kid stik... Cute...:thumb:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
TLD moto pants are so this year?! Earthed 5 and Sam Hill trends have already shown up
He has been running pants about 2-3 years now. Not sure if those are 08 or 07 versions! The overall pics seem a little dark not sure what you like your whites at but using flashes makes that an entire new pain to deal with!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
welcome back, where have you been??

Great shots- did you stay in the RV?
In regards to ridemonkey? I bailed from this joint after the worlds because there was no more racing to bitch about...but I am getting excited for 08' race season so I began lurking.

I just ran out to fontana with Nigel yesterday, had to be home at 4:30 for a charity event that the wife and I were headed to, I got home at 5:30.....wife was stoked.

No RV in tucky, Next MTB RV excursion will be sea otter.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
He has been running pants about 2-3 years now. Not sure if those are 08 or 07 versions! The overall pics seem a little dark not sure what you like your whites at but using flashes makes that an entire new pain to deal with!
I think the pics overall are kinda gay, I wouldnt say dark. At fontana if you underexpose a bit, the dead flora and fauna doesn't seem to appear so gross. I see everyones 'properly' exposed fontana crap and it looks disgusting. I have never ever seen a rad photo from fontana, I wish flipper or someone could go out and show me if it is even possible.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I think the pics overall are kinda gay, I wouldnt say dark. At fontana if you underexpose a bit, the dead flora and fauna doesn't seem to appear so gross. I see everyones 'properly' exposed fontana crap and it looks disgusting. I have never ever seen a rad photo from fontana, I wish flipper or someone could go out and show me if it is even possible.
I know what you mean about the brown, and light yellow "plants". I can usually get the rider right but the background is awful looking either to bright, well recently just too bright. What about using a 3 stop stop or so ND filter and running like F2 and blur it all away? I think your pics are good as always the riders are bright and pop real well and you got that wheel motion in, I cant get that real clean usually!:disgust1:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I know what you mean about the brown, and light yellow "plants". I can usually get the rider right but the background is awful looking either to bright, well recently just too bright. What about using a 3 stop stop or so ND filter and running like F2 and blur it all away? I think your pics are good as always the riders are bright and pop real well and you got that wheel motion in, I cant get that real clean usually!:disgust1:
Hey Ian, your shots have really been improving, and especially so over the last year. They were good back in '06, but now you're getting some great photos very consistently. Props!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just curious but why are so many people wearing roost protectors?
Mainly today it was due to how quickly the rock section could tear you apart, Alot of crashes there yesterday and today. Not that is was super bad, Just real easy to get knocked off your line and find yourself on the wrong side of the bike.....

Hey Stik, was that you grabbing your flash up in a hurry when I Went through the rocks??? I got knocked off My desired line, had to make up a new one, Not sure who it was, but someone was panic grabbing up a flash as I went through

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
kevin was 1:51:80, 8th in pro, 1st in Jr.
i was 1:51:65, 7th in pro
kovarik was 1:47...somthing

2nd thru 8th in pro was about a 2 second difference

yup i saw and rode with leland at least once Ian, good fun. he was down in the 2:00s or something. i forget his time

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
kevin was 1:51:80, 8th in pro, 1st in Jr.
i was 1:51:65, 7th in pro
kovarik was 1:47...somthing

2nd thru 8th in pro was about a 2 second difference

yup i saw and rode with leland at least once Ian, good fun. he was down in the 2:00s or something. i forget his time
So no DH bike riding the last 3 months wasnt a good idea for him!:busted: J/K
We will see what happens on F#@%..... you will be there right?

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Great shots Stickman, I've been trying to learn to shoot with my flashes and so far they've been coming out terrible...every time I think I have it figured out I find a new way to screw it up. lol

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Hey Stik, was that you grabbing your flash up in a hurry when I Went through the rocks??? I got knocked off My desired line, had to make up a new one, Not sure who it was, but someone was panic grabbing up a flash as I went through
Doubt it, if it was today, not a chance-because I could not be bothered to go out today...and yesterday I did not shoot in 'the rocks' because the section looked incredibly lame on film.
But if I am mistaken and I did get in your way, I do apologize.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Naw it was today, no apologies needed Even if you did. Was just curious if it was you or not.

My Bro was thinking the same thing about "The rocks", that and he was catching alot of attitude from the Mass of Spectators at that particular Location, He was hanging out up by the water tower