Quantcast

Fontana pics

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
heard rumors that jimmy beat EC's time for the day?...any truth to it?
Intially, when the times were posted, Jimmy's time was the fastest time of the day. Although, since Jimmy is an honest guy, he protested his own winning time. Apparently, Jimmy had a little crash in his run, so he felt that his time was probbaly wrong. In the end, Jimmy still won his class, but his time was goofed up a little bit. I must admit, I don't know too many people who protest their own winning time...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
In all my years I had only gone to Fontucky 3times...but in those 3 times I had never seen the amount of industry people and racers than I saw yesterday. Rich Houseman with sponsorhouse.com did an impressive job in getting all these companies out there. Big props to big house for his result (I think he was 3rd) and his office job of making mountain bike racing better.
Now excuse me while I clean the dust out of my lenses and my ears.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:
86 degrees yesterday at the tucky'
The weather was PERFECT this weekend. It was a bit on the windy side yesterday, but the wind blew all the typical smog and crap out the air, so I felt that it was a nice trade...deal with some wind and get some clean air.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
heard rumors that jimmy beat EC's time for the day?...any truth to it?
Heh heh... it sucked to be me for that hour, people pointing fingers and offering booze. Drank the booze, then resolved the issue. I wrecked 20' from the rock section and I'm not much of a pedeller. I personally delayed the class announcement until we found the key-punch error.... EC, Cody, you boys need to step it up. :D

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Bicyclist said:
That was a fun race. I got a free tire too! How'd everyone do?
I got 4th in Pro men, just a split second off Big House. I guess there was no payout, but I did get a set of new brakes in the raffle and a lot of Arrogant Bastard from the Bombshell homies.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Props to everyone that made it down the hill in one piece. And a big get well soon to those that suffered the wrath of SouthRidge.

Bummer... I mised it! Crap.

manny

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Great pics, Stik.

I thought that course was really good, and the whole scene going on out there is total fun. Southridge, EC, Houseman and all the people involved should get big props for what they're doing with racing. My class had 30 people in it (1st in 35-44 expert) and was really competitive, I can't wait for the winter series in January. I just wish he'd end the course at the end of the last rock garden because sprinting the wall takes 5 years off my life every time.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Great pics!

This was my first race competeing and my first time out to the Tuckey and it was all good. Met some great people and had a blast racing in such a laid back setting. I'm feeling the addiction setting in.
Props to the sponsors, vendors, Don and all the people who made it happen. This is the kind of event that our sport wants and needs.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Fun race, some good photos, but im all swollen from an allergic reaction from something, my hands were all swollen and made me even more tired than usual. EC prolly doent wear the original D2 cuz they are crap, he says he likes the moto helmet a lot more, TJ (Lovebunny) got a concussion on his race run wearing a D2, and as sanjay says, they are crap and hed rather wear his protect lid! Photos will be here soon!

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
blt2ride said:
Intially, when the times were posted, Jimmy's time was the fastest time of the day. Although, since Jimmy is an honest guy, he protested his own winning time. Apparently, Jimmy had a little crash in his run, so he felt that his time was probbaly wrong. In the end, Jimmy still won his class, but his time was goofed up a little bit. I must admit, I don't know too many people who protest their own winning time...
same thing happened to me. it said i got first and beat 2nd by 10 seconds and was only .3 seconds behind eric carter's time. this was after a fall and a dropped chain before the wall wher ei had to sit and push w/ my legs; and getting passed. i told the officials that the time was wrong too.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
anymore pics of the race? Some of the guys from my shop were there on gray Kona's with 888's. Mitch Tolsen and Dan Carbonero....

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
stiksandstones said:
How is it this race had a better vibe than a National Championship race???
WHich is really crazy because the place is an absolute toilet. ;-)

Guess that's what happens when you get a promoter that cares, knows what he's doing, and gives riders a bang for there buck. People show up in mass even though it's kinda pit, but he does build nice courses outta the pit.

Nice pics too

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
blt2ride said:
The weather was PERFECT this weekend. It was a bit on the windy side yesterday, but the wind blew all the typical smog and crap out the air, so I felt that it was a nice trade...deal with some wind and get some clean air.
YUP! You could see the ocean from San Juan trail!

and then some!

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Zutroy said:
Guess that's what happens when you get a promoter that cares, knows what he's doing, and gives riders a bang for there buck. People show up in mass even though it's kinda pit, but he does build nice courses outta the pit.

Nice pics too
Agreed... might have something to do with the fact that Donny Jackson is a fellow racer that has ridden and collected medals on the national circuit; that crazy old turd even won the Expert Kamikazi this year...:thumb:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
maxyedor said:
Looks like it's time to upgrade to Canon "L" series lenses. But nice shots even if none of them were of Frank Janson
Upgrade? I doubt I could upgrade anymore-I will not bore you with my gear list, but it could not possibly be 'upgraded'.

Manhatan-thanks...I am new to the photo gig, but it is fun as hell.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
Upgrade? I doubt I could upgrade anymore-I will not bore you with my gear list, but it could not possibly be 'upgraded'.

Manhatan-thanks...I am new to the photo gig, but it is fun as hell.
As lopez said today - "you are out of control!" :sneaky:

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
stiksandstones said:
How is it this race had a better vibe than a National Championship race???
WHich is really crazy because the place is an absolute toilet. ;-)

no sh*t huh? seriously, i think there were more spectators/racers/etc rollin around in the pits at fontucky than there were at most of the NCS races...seriously!!!

great shots bro! keep up the good work! see ya on the circuit again in '06 as a Photoghrapher! hahaah j/k