Quantcast

Fontana race 4 pratice pics

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
I wasn't able to make it there today either. But will be there tomorrow rain or shine. How is the course looking? Is it pretty technical with many rock gardens?

And nice pics btw.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
that's because boxxers have no low speed compression damping....you need a fox
Dude, I'm seriously considering one lately. I'm just dreading having to buy that go-ride spring kit for my fat arse... or being stuck with the heavier Fox steel springs. What's the weight difference between the Ti and steel sets, anyone? (sorry to derail.)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dude, I'm seriously considering one lately. I'm just dreading having to buy that go-ride spring kit for my fat arse... or being stuck with the heavier Fox steel springs. What's the weight difference between the Ti and steel sets, anyone? (sorry to derail.)
Then Buy a Marzocchi, they work better for bigger guys. I weigh 250 and run stock springs

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Then Buy a Marzocchi, they work better for bigger guys. I weigh 250 and run stock springs
:disgust1::disgust1::disgust1: I ran a 888RC2X last season.
So far Boxxer WC > 888RC2X by a mile, a 40 is the only other fork I even desire to try. The Marzocchi felt okay, but I've been able to dial my WC in quite a bit better.... plus I can't stand having to deal with Marzocchi's CS.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA

well, the fox is 6.8lbs stock vs a boxxer 6.2lbs
steel spring should make it like 7.2....so 1 pound heavier.....but since it doesn't bog 5.5" into the travel in every corner it should be easier to pick up despite the weight......get the fox ride it for a while....then when you get some extra dough treat yourself to the go ride kit......

besides, your new frame should be 2 pounds lighter, so your still losing weight even if you get a heavier fork......you can ride my bike in about 2 weeks and see what all the fuss is about

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
well, the fox is 6.8lbs stock vs a boxxer 6.2lbs
steel spring should make it like 7.2....so 1 pound heavier.....but since it doesn't bog 5.5" into the travel in every corner it should be easier to pick up despite the weight......get the fox ride it for a while....then when you get some extra dough treat yourself to the go ride kit......

besides, your new frame should be 2 pounds lighter, so your still losing weight even if you get a heavier fork......you can ride my bike in about 2 weeks and see what all the fuss is about
We actually weighed the 40's heavy steel spring today. Came in at .85lbs, or 385g. That's not much at all, and basically sealed the deal for me. Now I just gotta come up with the funds.... :disgust: