Quantcast

Fontana Roll Call

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Whos going to be out there for the race? Anyone know the elevation? Because there is a chance that there will be snow! Yep Snow! Forecast is calling for snow levels to be under 1500 feet! I will be at fontana on sunday, but going boarding on saturday, see ya there, and im going to beat TJ

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
No racing for me this weekend, I'm stuck in Texas work playing with the Airforce, and I can say 90% humidity and 90 degrees sucks a$$.

The snow would be a blast if it did snow.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Can I sign up at the race or what? I have not done the race thing before but I want to get into it some, I think I need a lisence or something? Anyone want to point me to a website?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
^ southridgeusa.com Go to the blu link in the top area. You will see the waver and the flyer with a map.

I will be in beginner 16-18 DH on my hardtail.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Mmmm looks like I missed out on the winter races. Anyone know if there will be a Spring one?

I would be racing on my hardtail, too.

Would you say that there is a significant time difference between the sport poduim finishes and the beginner podium finishes?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Shyrmp said:
I received this PM from lovebunny:

:rolleyes:
He's in my class?!:mumble: I though he raced sport....he looks slow though...:D

edit: Where would I put my stuff?: camera, food, tools, and stuff? My parents are running erands.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Did you guys notice the post that lovebunny quickly deleted?

lovebunny said:
I don't think I'll make it in this weekend's race. I have some like mechanical issue. I'll beat you next time, Wesley.
originally posted on March 8, 2006 8:47 pm
Tj, back-pedalling?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So Joe has vertigo as a result of a concussion from last weekend. He won't be making it out. With the threat of weather and my roadtrip buddy out of action, it looks like I might not make it out. Bummer.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Zark said:
So Joe has vertigo as a result of a concussion from last weekend. He won't be making it out. With the threat of weather and my roadtrip buddy out of action, it looks like I might not make it out. Bummer.
You could always take a certain stranger off of RM...

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
hey where is this fontana place anyway its sounds like fun. can you camp there or the surrounding area. id like to go, but i dont know anyone really going to chill with. PM me or somthig i guess, id be willing to drive down there with a passenger or two plus bikes.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
be-radd said:
hey where is this fontana place anyway its sounds like fun. can you camp there or the surrounding area. id like to go, but i dont know anyone really going to chill with. PM me or somthig i guess, id be willing to drive down there with a passenger or two plus bikes.
Uhh Fontana is south of split pea soup village. It's probably a 2.5-3hr drive from where you're at. Plenty of :dancing:'s to hang with.

This weekend the weather is suspose to suck here, I wonder if the bad weather is going as far down south as Fontana?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
konabiker said:
You could always take a certain stranger off of RM...
I've already made plans to stay in SB. Friends B-day partay. Sorry man, next time.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
I haven't raced yet but really shouldn't started as a beginner. I just got a Sunday and should race semi professional or something, can I just sign up or do I need points?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
MadDHer said:
I haven't raced yet but really shouldn't started as a beginner. I just got a Sunday and should race semi professional or something, can I just sign up or do I need points?
It sounds like the Sport class might be a good place for you to start.

Noah...I'm with you this weekend--I think I will be sitting this race out. I tweaked my elbow last weeked, so the thought of racing hurt, in the cold, and rain doesn't really appeal to me...

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
MadDHer said:
Have you been riding a real long time? Just sign up for Sport and see how it all goes....

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
konabiker said:
Anyone have room for two people to sleep? I don't really fancy sleeping in the back of the truck in this kind of weather.
I live about an hour south of there..... but if you're desperate, I've got a couch and a futon....

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
coma13 said:
I live about an hour south of there..... but if you're desperate, I've got a couch and a futon....
Thanks a lot for the offer. I've decided just to drive down their early Sunday morning. See you there.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
TJ decided that he has absolutly no chance beating me, so he said he doesnt want to race. I stoked, cuz I get to go snowboarding for the 3rd day in a row in the nice freshies, oh ya, and coming home tonite from mt high (6 hour drive cuz someone wrecked, 5 miles in 3 hours!) there was snow sticking to the ground in the bushes on the 15 and 210 interchange! I bet it snowed in fontana, but it wouldnt stick