Quantcast

Fontana Village Pre race ride Jan 28

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
Im heading to Fontana Village for a preride of the DH course. also is there more places to ride around there? could you guys give me directions how to get to the trails? Pm me if its necessary. Thanks

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
take your xc rig and shred tsali. you pass it on your way up to fontana. as soon as you make the right off the big 4 lane it will be at the very top of one of the mountains. you cant miss it. its gonna be on your right with a big sign before the turn. deffinatly worth hitting if you got an xc rig. hope that helps man and have fun. tsali is deffinaly one hella trail system and its nothing but flow even on an xc bike.

ohh and about fontana ill talk to my guys about going out there but i dont think we will make it. thats a long ride for us out there just for fontana.

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
take your xc rig and shred tsali. you pass it on your way up to fontana. as soon as you make the right off the big 4 lane it will be at the very top of one of the mountains. you cant miss it. its gonna be on your right with a big sign before the turn. deffinatly worth hitting if you got an xc rig. hope that helps man and have fun. tsali is deffinaly one hella trail system and its nothing but flow even on an xc bike.

ohh and about fontana ill talk to my guys about going out there but i dont think we will make it. thats a long ride for us out there just for fontana.
Cool some riding in tsali sounds good; Thanks; I will take the XC rig too.

any dirt jumps in the area?

lovehamr

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
Another good trail in the area is Flint Ridge at the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC). It was a lung buster for me going up but man was it fun coming down! Don't want to screw up the decent on the switch backs or you'll take a quick flying lesson. I ride a Moment built for my weight so it's not light either, but it's worth it.

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
TrekBro: "and someone have a truck to line up the shuttle?"

I have a 4-door truck I know we can fit a total of 5 people, and more if they are willing to sit in the back. It doesn't sound like that many people are going up anyways. It only has 2-wheel drive. Will that be a problem?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
nope its all on paved roads i just cant quite remember how to get to the top. if i was there i could show you in a sec i just cant remember for the life of me.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ohh yeh there is no prob with the shuttle road. i think all you have to do is go up behind the main hall where the pool, and bike shop are. i think. and then go all the way to the bottom where the gas station is, and i think that is where the top and bottom are.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
finish line is at the gas station. from the gas station, go up the hill inside Fontana Village. Take every marked road that turns right and uphill. When you reach a small gap that crests, there is a trail to your right. That's the start. It's called Turkey Chute.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Is there an upper section --then the paved road section--then Turkey Shoot ??
Or does it just start at the top of Turkey Shoot?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
butch man your more than welcome to catch a ride with me out there, but were craming 5 or 6 guys in our hotel room so we dont have the room for you man. sorry i cant help more. ohh and trekbro have fun man its acctually a pretty fun course, and the village is deffinatly a pretty cool place to chill.

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
me and the MOTOWN boys were up there this weekend for a recon. The race course has alot of leaves on it, but it probably will be cleared off for the race. The course has some gradule climbing, but it also has some pretty good DH on the other side of the climb.
The top of Turkey Chute is the start of the DH. We had a good time up there and we are looking forward to the race weekend.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
awsome butch just let me know as we get a little bit closer to the date man. hopefully i can scrounge up some cash to get out there, and yes we should get some people to do Wayehuta with us.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay guys i have a little bit of bad news. as of now im about 50% about comming to the race, and trust me its not because i dont want to. this is a very hard decision for me but im currently unemployed and im about to get a new job (finally). so the situation is i have no money and i have damn car payments to make. so to make a long story short there is a pretty high probabilty of me not making the race. so butch man if i can give you guys a ride i will deffinatly let you know in advance, but unfortunatly dont count on me 100%. so guys if i dont make it look for my boys in there red shirts and good luck to all and have a killer time for me. hopefully i will see you there but if i dont there are tons of other killer races.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
okay guys i have a little bit of bad news. as of now im about 50% about comming to the race, and trust me its not because i dont want to. this is a very hard decision for me but im currently unemployed and im about to get a new job (finally). so the situation is i have no money and i have damn car payments to make. so to make a long story short there is a pretty high probabilty of me not making the race. so butch man if i can give you guys a ride i will deffinatly let you know in advance, but unfortunatly dont count on me 100%. so guys if i dont make it look for my boys in there red shirts and good luck to all and have a killer time for me. hopefully i will see you there but if i dont there are tons of other killer races.
I was offering to let you ride with me.

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
nice ride today, it was nice to meet Mike and Kevin. the trail was in good shape very clean and rideable. :-) but the weather just freaking cold