Quantcast

Foo Fighters

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
sucky.

no huge fan, but saw them as the main act for a show we'd really only gone to for the opener (the joy formidable) and was blown away by the FF show. like, a 3+ hour long set. was their last show in the states before they headed to europe.
it was pretty fucking fantastic.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Norman's Rare Guitars over in So. Cal did a collective YouTube upload from everyone with their world famous shop recently. Turns out Taylor Hawkins would frequently trailride in California.
Massive let down for the Foo Fighters, they know how to play what's needed in Rock.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Norman's Rare Guitars over in So. Cal did a collective YouTube upload from everyone with their world famous shop recently. Turns out Taylor Hawkins would frequently trailride in California.
Massive let down for the Foo Fighters, they know how to play what's needed in Rock.
Posted it in the dailies when the news got out, but I've bumped into Hawkins on the trail a couple times, nice dude, damn good rider too.

I get it, regular ass Rock and Roll isn't everybody's bag, but the Foo Fighters are a top 10 of all time kinda band IMHO. Always put out new interesting shit, all of them seem like genuinely decent nice guys, and Hawkins could drum his ass off. Hard to imagine the Foos keep it going after this, but either way I'm going to miss them being what they were.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I just watched a YouTube vid of his last performance at a concert in Chile, singing a Queen song, while having a couple beers.

I definitely teared up. Never been a huge die-hard fan of FF, but I always loved Grohl and have watched lots of random stuff with the 2 of them and got the impression both were/are super chill, down to earth dudes who genuinely loved what they did and were stoked on life. Knowing he had a family/kids made it that much more sad.

For Grohl, this must be like losing Kurt all over again. Feel for the dude.