Quantcast

Foods you won't eat

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Limburger
Clams and oysters. I will eat them I just don't go out of my way for them.
Pretty much anything else I will eat. Obviously there are things that I have not tried.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
shrimp, crab, lobster - but because my body violently rejects them and anything else in it for the next 8 hours

that faux-meat stuff

will eat most other normal thing without complaint

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I say no to most seafood. I also say no to all foods containing gluten.

Also, HFCS is the devil and I avoid that shit like the plague.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Blue cheese except on burgers
Avocado
‘Shrooms
Peas
Meatloaf
Ham (all other forms of pork excluded)
Corn Dogs
Regular mustard
Ketchup.
Oye-stirs
Soda

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do good oye-stirs not taste like sea-snot? What do they taste like?

It depends a lot on the variety and location where they grew. Some taste like bait, others can be mild and sweet. Actually there is a pretty wide range of flavors

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There are very few things I absolutely can't eat. Mushrooms make me gag.

Most other things I could eat to be polite. I don't really enjoy tripe but it's edible. I'm not a big fan of shellfish in general except for scallops. Olives and bleu cheese are not my favorite.

But mushrooms... man, fuck those things.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Corn dogs are delicious

I do not want to eat the testes of any creature

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There are very few things I absolutely can't eat. Mushrooms make me gag.

Most other things I could eat to be polite. I don't really enjoy tripe but it's edible. I'm not a big fan of shellfish in general except for scallops. Olives and bleu cheese are not my favorite.

But mushrooms... man, fuck those things.
Same with 'Shrooms. I detest eating fungus.

Opposite with shellfish, the only one I don't like is scallops.

Sushi is fine as long as it's cooked.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You can kind of get into the weeds here, talking about stuff that almost (but not quite) no one actually eats, parts of animals that dog just didn't intend to be eaten, etc. In some cultures, they only eat vomit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You can kind of get into the weeds here, talking about stuff that almost (but not quite) no one actually eats, parts of animals that dog just didn't intend to be eaten, etc. In some cultures, they only eat vomit.
If some people only eat vomit who eats the food that gets thrown up and what do they eat?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cucumber, zucchini, mushrooms, seafood, eggplant, kidney, avocado, anything fancy.

Edit, I haven't tried dick or balls and I don't want to try it, I like nuts, but I don't like things that could have nutted.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There were a few things I ate in Japan that pushed my comfort level. Fish roe had me gagging, fishy flavor with the oddest combination of fibrous texture was too much. Raw crab wasn't too bad but just seemed like a really bad idea.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I like nuts, but I don't like things that could have nutted.
I tried an order of Rocky Mountain oysters once. When we picked them up, as we were leaving the guy called after us, "nobody has a nut allergy, do they?"

I chuckled and kept walking. Jenn stopped and turned around and very seriously told him no, we were not allergic to any nuts.

We walked out of the restaurant and got maybe ten feet down the sidewalk before her jaw hit the ground and she got it.

I can't recommend the dish, though. It's not horrible, it's just... not good. At all.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There were a few things I ate in Japan that pushed my comfort level. Fish roe had me gagging, fishy flavor with the oddest combination of fibrous texture was too much. Raw crab wasn't too bad but just seemed like a really bad idea.
oh yea, i ate chicken feet when I was in china. they honestly weren't awful, more of a mental thing really, but also not really worth the effort IMO.