Quantcast

fools trying to scam me??!!

ottomatik

Chimp
Aug 7, 2005
yucaipa CA
hey guys i'm selling a risse trixxy. some guy said hed buy it for 300. then i get this email from him after i give him my name and address, ive heard of people sending bad checks and crap. give it a read and tell me what you think. I think anyone willing to send $3500 for a $300 fork is full of ish- i told him the deals off, am i in any danger of anything after giving him my address- thanks heres the email i got-------------------------
Greetings ,
Thanks for the reply and the information you sent
and based here in the UK . I have just called my
friend now and he has said he'd be sending you a check
of $3500 to your contact address in which you will
remove the asking price $300 after cashing it in local
check cashing store or in any local bank close to your
area and an extra $100 for your running around and
then wire the balance to the shipper that he will use
for all his flight charges and all other shipping
charges and for the insurance of the shippment when
being shipped and he also has some other shippment to
do for me in the States, I hope I can trust you on
this?.The information of the shipper will probably be
sent alongside the check. I will notify you if he has
sent it. Looking forward to completing this
transaction w/ you.Get back to me asap.
NOTE: ALL CASHING FEES AND WESTERN UNION CHARGES
SHOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM THER SHIPPING FUNDS.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
It's not exactly a scam, it's a way of laundering money.

This is NOT a joke: There was a huge bank heist in the UK a few months ago by the IRA and there have been numerous, numerous attempts by representatives and friends of frinds of the IRA to launder the money in exactly this way. Google News for it if you don't beleive me. Turn any details you have for this guy over to the UK authorities along with details of the transaction.

Don't support terrorists, Kids.

ottomatik

Chimp
Aug 7, 2005
yucaipa CA
yah i'm not about getting ripped off and i'm even more not about giving my money to some limey terrorists! why do they offer to pay so much above asking prices? is it just to lure in the unsuspecting or do they get that amount back somehow. :heart: death to scammers :heart: ..... anyone want to buy a fork? :thumb:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ottomatik said:
yah i'm not about getting ripped off and i'm even more not about giving my money to some limey terrorists! why do they offer to pay so much above asking prices? is it just to lure in the unsuspecting or do they get that amount back somehow. :heart: death to scammers :heart: ..... anyone want to buy a fork? :thumb:
No kidding! These morons offer to pay you 10 times the asking price, and expect it not to raise a huge red flag. This is a pretty common scam these days. Some guy offered to buy one of my friend's road bikes for like $10,000 when it was worth maybe $1,000.

By the way, I wouldn't worry about this dude having your address...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
its a huge scam!!! they try and do it on Craigslist all the time. once you deposit the check the bank clears it in 7 days... but since its from a foriegn country it actually takes like 2 weeks to clear.... once it does its usually a fake check with a fake routing #... you think you have $3500 but then you have nothing

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
hooples3 said:
its a huge scam!!! they try and do it on Craigslist all the time. once you deposit the check the bank clears it in 7 days... but since its from a foriegn country it actually takes like 2 weeks to clear.... once it does its usually a fake check with a fake routing #... you think you have $3500 but then you have nothing
I wonder how many people have fallen for this scam?

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
hooples3 said:
plus you are gonna end up paying all kinds of bank fees...

ottomatik

Chimp
Aug 7, 2005
yucaipa CA
you know last night when i realized this buster was trying to scam me that came on the news. i'm like an hours drive from that guy. he's either really jacked up right now or starting a new life for himself. anyhow i'll try not to be sucha newb when folks nigerian ira russian mafioso's try to rip me off. i'll just send them this!!!!

Attachments