Quantcast

FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2022... Any of you guys watching?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
come on, no rain bound scot is going to be a succulent cunt

maybe a slime mold cunt?
An asexual organism with a cunt? Aren't you a biologist or similar?

Ah yes, educated in Georgia, I suspect if this was ever even covered everyone had to cover themselves with a sheet or something else to contain their sins.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
You guys crack me up.

Just watched USA v Portugal. How anticlimactic was that? Kind of a disappointment really. Portugal was more on it IMO (and I don't ever really watch soccer, but I do know the shit out of team sports, trust me. Which is why I choose to do solo competitions, like DH :)). As for the US, The term "playing to not loose" or "playing down" pops into mind. It happens. I just hope they can get out of that funk.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
That sucked.

I started and deleted a few posts about how the uswnt didn't look great in the opening rounds but all them made me feel like a misogynist shithead. This game, they looked every bit the 2-time champs they are, but Sweden's goalie was a brick fuckin' wall and they got a bit unlucky. Penalties are a crap way to go out. The uswnt keeper did everything right and got hosed by math and physics and shit, missing keeping that last ball out by a pube's width.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
That sucked.

I started and deleted a few posts about how the uswnt didn't look great in the opening rounds but all them made me feel like a misogynist shithead. This game, they looked every bit the 2-time champs they are, but Sweden's goalie was a brick fuckin' wall and they got a bit unlucky. Penalties are a crap way to go out. The uswnt keeper did everything right and got hosed by math and physics and shit, missing keeping that last ball out by a pube's width.
Yeah man. I was able to watch the extra 20min and shoot out. Didn't get to see the whole game. But I'm still like WTF?!

I'd have kept Alex Morgan in. Just saying. But I don't know shit about fuck. :D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
US loses, to an equal and hungry Swedish team, and TFG talks sh!t about one of the greatest female players of all time...like he could even come close to her level of achievement on the pitch...good luck going forward Sweden, thanks for the memories Megan and I Hope you choke to death on a hamberder Donnie.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Premier League season kicks off today. I was never really much of a soccer/futbol fan until Covid hit, then when the Bundesliga was the first pro sports league to start back up again without fans in the stands, I started watching the games and got hooked. I definitely feel like an uneducated, uninformed fan though. With the American sports leagues, particularly MLB and NFL and to a lesser extent NHL and NBA, I started watching as a kid and have a lifetime of history and knowledge in my head. I don't have that with soccer. I only know a handful of players, and I don't know any of the history, and I can not carry on much of a conversation about the sport. I just enjoy watching the games. #coolstorybro

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
soccer/futbol
I definitely feel like an uneducated, uninformed fan though.
it's spelled...

F O O T B A L L

now you can feel a little better educated! :brow:

I can not carry on much of a conversation about the sport. I just enjoy watching the games.
Honestly. Don't worry about that. A lot of lifelong fans with knowledge talk an absolute load of shite and their biased opinions can be absolutely mindblowing. and they most certainly aren't "enjoying" all games on the same level you are.

I've dipped in and out of love with the game my whole life. Born into biggoted/sectarian Scottish ancestry with a football scarf and top draped from the cot I slept in at my grandparents from birth. I blindly followed that ONE team I was born into following until my teens. When I saw the hatred for what it was and slowly took myself away from the game and the fans, violence and hatred to the point I hated all Scottish football fans for a good few years (80s/90s). living in Glasgow (football biggotry capital of Scotland) for a large period of that didn't help. Truth be told I haven't supported any ONE team since then. But my love for the actual game is now waaay stronger than it ever was. When I take my daughter to see the Scottish Premier League Team she supports I genuinely feel sorry for some of the fans. Unable to admit "their" team is actually shite and letting each weeks performance ruin their whole week (and for some I'd imagine that of those close to them).
Appreciation of a decent display of skill is what I aim to get out of watching football, being surrounded by crying and angry home fans can often be a downside.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
it's spelled...

F O O T B A L L

now you can feel a little better educated! :brow:

Honestly. Don't worry about that. A lot of lifelong fans with knowledge talk an absolute load of shite and their biased opinions can be absolutely mindblowing. and they most certainly aren't "enjoying" all games on the same level you are.

I've dipped in and out of love with the game my whole life. Born into biggoted/sectarian Scottish ancestry with a football scarf and top draped from the cot I slept in at my grandparents from birth. I blindly followed that ONE team I was born into following until my teens. When I saw the hatred for what it was and slowly took myself away from the game and the fans, violence and hatred to the point I hated all Scottish football fans for a good few years (80s/90s). living in Glasgow (football biggotry capital of Scotland) for a large period of that didn't help. Truth be told I haven't supported any ONE team since then. But my love for the actual game is now waaay stronger than it ever was. When I take my daughter to see the Scottish Premier League Team she supports I genuinely feel sorry for some of the fans. Unable to admit "their" team is actually shite and letting each weeks performance ruin their whole week (and for some I'd imagine that of those close to them).
Appreciation of a decent display of skill is what I aim to get out of watching football, being surrounded by crying and angry home fans can often be a downside.
Well Brother,here we are now with the latest games. Plenty to talk about. Off the top,the USA debacle. Megan. Bad subbing,to many happy players with nothing to happy about?

I was hoping for Nigeria,almost.

Jamica,tough as nails and almost.

Japan?
NED?
SWE?
don’t know where you are at In the Games?

Last,I thought your thoughts above were well said,and gave me a honest story of ugly and truth. I hate the saying “It is what it is”, so often said here Gary in the USA. If you want to know why,then just ask. Don’t won’t to bore kidwoo.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
don’t know where you are at In the Games?
Up to date mate. Mainly just through highlights though.

Can we stop talking about USA now they're out? :stop:

Lauren James outlash with her studs after that clumsy little tussle from both players in the Nigeria game! What a fucking twat! Two match ban deserved! From the highlights to me Nigeria actually looked the more deserving team in that game. and not just because I'm Scottish. ;)

too many other games to make comment on. I was prob rooting for France for the title but who knows now :drag:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Up to date mate. Mainly just through highlights though.

Can we stop talking about USA now they're out? :stop:

Lauren James outlash with her studs after that clumsy little tussle from both players in the Nigeria game! What a fucking twat! Two match ban deserved! From the highlights to me Nigeria actually looked the more deserving team in that game. and not just because I'm Scottish. ;)

too many other games to make comment on. I was prob rooting for France for the title but who knows now :drag:
I read this as the French were playing and said to myself they must have lost. The Wife is cleaning and sits down at the Goal shootout to watch with Avy.

Pa,she is wearing fake eyelashes. Pa, she had he eyebrows micro-bladed. Stop grabbing my Vaginia! Don’t stick your tongue down my throat! Pa,is that a Boy?

She has been on this mission of mine since 1994 and Loves Messi. However,this women thing she has no Love.

Gary,I don’t understand this Goal shootout rule for the Goalie? They can only go Left and Right,and Can Not come Forward. Is that correct?

Yet I see All Goalies come forward. Please explain this rule that is not Inforced. I have tobe missing something?

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Gary,I don’t understand this Goal shootout rule for the Goalie? They can only go Left and Right,and Can Not come Forward. Is that correct?
Keepers are not allowed to leave the line before the ball is kicked for a penalty and must have at least one foot on the line at the time of the kick.
My youngest is a keeper. Has been since 6yrs old. She'd explain the full rule better than me. It is definitely enforced. The introduction of VAR in games has made it more obvious to spectators. ie. because of VAR we now often have poor decisions reversed. And folk now notice. As referenced here. ;)

You know how I said earlier a lot of fans talk absolute bollocks about the game? Many who believe themselves to be experts haven't played the game since childhood and don't even know the fucking rules.

There's definitely a rule against non consentual genital grabbing and tongueing... consentual would probably be a grey area.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Keepers are not allowed to leave the line before the ball is kicked for a penalty and must have at least one foot on the line at the time of the kick.
My youngest is a keeper. Has been since 6yrs old. She'd explain the full rule better than me. It is definitely enforced. The introduction of VAR in games has made it more obvious to spectators. ie. because of VAR we now often have poor decisions reversed. And folk now notice. As referenced here. ;)

You know how I said earlier a lot of fans talk absolute bollocks about the game? Many who believe themselves to be experts haven't played the game since childhood and don't even know the fucking rules.

There's definitely a rule against non consentual genital grabbing and tongueing... consentual would probably be a grey area.
Ok,I had it wrong. I thought they can only go Left Right. No GK is going to use both feet at the same time of the kick and cross the line? Left or Right, depending on what the GK is. Although,I have seen GK‘s jump with both feet at the same time so what do I know? Thanks for the clarity.

So,your young daughter,what is her favorite color? Who is her favorite GK? What cleats has Gary put her in? Hopefully you say Puma. Old School,we must pass it on.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
She doesn't have a favourite colour. Never has.
She likes a lot of different Keepers for different reasons but she'd probably say Craig Gordon as he plays for Scotland and Hearts.
She started playing around 10 years ago at 4yrs old and has gone through many many pairs of boots in that time (sometimes more than 4 pairs in a year) so as you can imagine she's been through quite a few different brands too (including Puma). I would NEVER choose her boots. She currently plays in Nike Mercurial mainly as those are best suited to her foot shape. She'll be getting a new pair of these for her upcoming birthday

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Only caught up today and watched both 25min semi finals BBC highlights shows. Highlights never shows the true story but Australia were looking strong and unlucky to go a goal down with 20mins to go and seemed to be putting up a strong fight equalize. Then BAM! no chance!
Well done England!

Spain in the final at an plausably watchable time (10am Sunday here)
Anyone here planning to watch it live?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Spain in the final at an plausably watchable time (10am Sunday here)
Anyone here planning to watch it live?
You sure on that time? Kickoff seems to be 4AM here, which would be 11AM for you.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah. Sorry. Kick off is 11am. Coverage starts at 10
I have to give the “Best Goalasoo Shot” to Kerr from Australia. My Lord,from Way outside the box just blasted it! Have a Lash Laddy! Just Beautiful! I thought she was going to drop it off to her teamate,who was right there. You guys see that? They got tired. Not enough rest? Not in good enough shape? I don’t know,but that is why they lost. That last goal,they were barley in the screen. Great game,I was pulling for them,but the better team won.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I guess you've never played 90mins Avy?
No Brother,I have never even played the game. Save for many times challenging many a Mexican at the Rec Center. I would walk up to them and ask them Togo full boar at Avy,even though I had no cleats. They would gladly oblige Avy with a Smirk on their face. I play third base and it is the HotSpot! Fast,powerful,dangerous,and blood pumping action. Catlike reflex is what you need,and I have that. Hence the challenge I put myself through,still till this day.

Now I don’t understand what I have todo with them being tired? Tired is tired Gary. I know you did not watch the whole game cause you said so. I also know that you know when a team looks tired. They were tired,coach should have put in Subs to bring life,but he did not. I hope this answered you’re question.

Avy

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Liverpool scored a goal today playing down a man due to a red card. I wonder if that happens often, with a team scoring a goal while down a man. I've tried to find some stats on that but can't find much.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Liverpool scored a goal today playing down a man due to a red card. I wonder if that happens often, with a team scoring a goal while down a man. I've tried to find some stats on that but can't find much.
Happens a lot. Despite being a man up, Bournemouth were chasing the game as they were a goal behind.

That penalty Liverpool won was a shocking dive.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Extremely deserved win Spain.

Fucking terrible commentary here throughout. Fuckin English twats. Still going on about England after full time.
You were shit! End of.
[edit] except Mary Earp

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
^Enjoyed practicing my lip reading skills after she made that penalty save.

Spain looked great. Well deserved

Last edited: