Quantcast

FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2022... Any of you guys watching?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Every time I have to spend a couple of minutes doing work I miss a goal...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Just woke up from a half time nana nap to see Ronaldo being subbed on.
Missed 4 goals. :doh:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like how the announcers show general concern when someone falls to the ground grasping a body part that brushed against another player.

Saw part of an NFL game this weekend and the announcers laughed and taunted a player who fell over to stop the clock.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I like how the announcers show general concern when someone falls to the ground grasping a body part that brushed against another player.

Saw part of an NFL game this weekend and the announcers laughed and taunted a player who fell over to stop the clock.
Pretty simple formula for football: if a player falls grabbing his face, it's faking it. If someone kicks you so hard in a different body part and you don't grab it instinctively, it doesn't hurt bad enough.

Also, aren't anti-doping rules in the NFL a running joke? Those guys are basically rolling on painkillers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pretty simple formula for football: if a player falls grabbing his face, it's faking it. If someone kicks you so hard in a different body part and you don't grab it instinctively, it doesn't hurt bad enough.

Also, aren't anti-doping rules in the NFL a running joke? Those guys are basically rolling on painkillers.
Yeah they are a joke but I doubt they even test for painkillers, just PEDs and the devil's weed. However as narcotic painkillers are pretty adictive I don't know how widespread their use is as there have only ever been a few reports of dudes getting addicted. Also not sure how well someone could play/practice doped up during the season. I suspect they survive via lots of injections of local painkillers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Actually

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We've got our division holiday party from noon to 3:00 tomorrow. Who the fuck scheduled this thing during two World Cup games? Well they are saying to stay home if you feel any bit of illness coming on, so maybe I'll decide to wake up with a sniffle.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We've got our division holiday party from noon to 3:00 tomorrow. Who the fuck scheduled this thing during two World Cup games? Well they are saying to stay home if you feel any bit of illness coming on, so maybe I'll decide to wake up with a sniffle.
You're not sounding great. You should play it safe for your colleagues and stay home.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thankfully back able to only having to do some work during the day now the games are back on.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fuck all happening at work this afternoon. be rude not to watch wouldn't it?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Should be a Red Card for that Punk Ass kicking it full boar into the Bench of Ned. Never seen that Level of disgrace.

Avy