Quantcast

FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2022... Any of you guys watching?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Y'know... That other little known game where the ball is ball shaped and the majority of the players actually have to use their feet to control it.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. The dude that took Bale down was lucky to get away with a Yellow
:clapping:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Hey, muricans! What is the best app for streaming this? Looking for two features:

1. The ability to see ALL games (i think fox shows only US games and fox sports shows only non-US, but it’s two separate streaming services and fees…?? Seems like it used to be a lot easier to watch all the games in D…)

2. The ability to watch the games after the fact without dixking around with “saving” shit. Kinda like watching the DH WC on redbull tv…

I assume the FBWC is geo-blocked to the moon, thus directing my Q at the americans. However, if there is a great service outside murica that can be accessed via vpn, do tell!

thx

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey, muricans! What is the best app for streaming this? Looking for two features:

1. The ability to see ALL games (i think fox shows only US games and fox sports shows only non-US, but it’s two separate streaming services and fees…?? Seems like it used to be a lot easier to watch all the games in D…)

2. The ability to watch the games after the fact without dixking around with “saving” shit. Kinda like watching the DH WC on redbull tv…

I assume the FBWC is geo-blocked to the moon, thus directing my Q at the americans. However, if there is a great service outside murica that can be accessed via vpn, do tell!

thx
I think Peacock has them all. Not sure on cost as it's bundled through our Xfinity cable.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I was afraid to bring up the kickball world champs. The best thing about this tournament is the USA will be 3 and out and Berhalter will finally get shitcanned.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Not watching it since I feel about watching this sport kind of like going to Catholic Churches. Why would I support a shitty organization in bed with dictators?

Sportswashing is bad.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was afraid to bring up the kickball world champs. The best thing about this tournament is the USA will be 3 and out and Berhalter will finally get shitcanned.
In the before times I might have planned a work trip to coincide with murica vs hingland and then bought you an adult beverage.

But given I'm still mentally broken from almost dying in the summer I still avoid people and no way could I cram into a bar.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Football/Soccer is such a low scoring game that statistically speaking for any given match, the better team will only win about 56% of the time. Doesn't mean a shitty team can win the world cup, but the luckiest good team will and rarely the best team. Seems pretty pointless to get excited about a 90 minute coin toss.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
You mean like the UCI?
Hey now, cozying up to dictators, hosting events in arenas built by slaves and accepting bribes is fine as long as the sport in question is one we like.

All ball sports are terrible, the only entertaining thing about it is watching Quatar spends millions ruining their reputation and seeing how many reporters and players sneak rainbows flags onto the field

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I tend to enjoy the women's matches. I particularly like watching the highlights where they take off their jerseys and slide on their knees across the pitch in a sport bra. Interestingly a cursory google search doesn't yield satisfactory results for me if I enter a search titled "take off their jerseys and slide on their knees across the pitch in a sports bra". The one video I found interesting enough to watch involved lesbianism and was to long after a bit. They both had small tits and I quickly lost interest. (satire)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
All there is in the media here feels like how Qatar has treated the migrant works and don't like to hear about gay people. My interest is close to zero about this world cup.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I tend to enjoy the women's matches. I particularly like watching the highlights where they take off their jerseys and slide on their knees across the pitch in a sport bra. Interestingly a cursory google search doesn't yield satisfactory results for me if I enter a search titled "take off their jerseys and slide on their knees across the pitch in a sports bra". The one video I found interesting enough to watch involved lesbianism and was to long after a bit. They both had small tits and I quickly lost interest. (satire)
sometimes they pull hair....

as do the men....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You mean like the UCI?
UCI is bad for the sport but it doesn't let blood thirsty dictators wash their image through their organization. I'm sure UCI is not run by the best people but at least they are not saying Putin is a great, peaceful guy (and the current FIFA leader did say that).

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Football/Soccer is such a low scoring game that statistically speaking for any given match, the better team will only win about 56% of the time. Doesn't mean a shitty team can win the world cup, but the luckiest good team will and rarely the best team. Seems pretty pointless to get excited about a 90 minute coin toss.
Said like a true expert on the game.
Mercan sports are so high scoring it just becomes super repetitive... Bit like watching you dumb fucks empty rounds from your guns.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Said like a true expert on the game.
Mercan sports are so high scoring it just becomes super repetitive... Bit like watching you dumb fucks empty rounds from your guns.
Yeah merica number one!

I am not much for watching sports.

I do enjoy poor South American countries beating, well, every team they play.

Guess I can spend Thanksgiving thinking about how Qatar is a slave driven country instead of thinking about how I am glad I wasn't born a Native American.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
In the before times I might have planned a work trip to coincide with murica vs hingland and then bought you an adult beverage.

But given I'm still mentally broken from almost dying in the summer I still avoid people and no way could I cram into a bar.
Sorry you are still feeling the effects of the 'vid. You should let us know when you're back in town for a green juice and whispered conversation.

I watched the USA game in an Argentinean bar with a bunch of Scottish and English blokes. For Friday's Oosa vs Ingerland I'll be out at the family compound, revisiting past trauma and creating some new ones.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
At least they are up front about it. The rest of the world hides behind armbands and fingerpointing while all the same shit happens anyway.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got it on in the background while I "work from home." Sure I could do without the diving and knee grabbing, but pretty much every sport has that nonsense. Although in the NFL players do that just to stop the clock when their team is out of timeouts...not so much to try to get calls from the officials.