Quantcast

FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2022... Any of you guys watching?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The word "soccer" came about through bunch of priveleged rugby playing students from an exclusive university in tiny part of England. Football was always a working class sport so their opinion was barely even noticed by the general public let alone dictate actual used slang by supporters.

Lager please Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
that hurts

That is Funny,just how they do it too. Westy,now you have find my other two Favorites. 1: The guy has his hand’s together Praying at the Ref. 2: They Guy is Pulling on the Shirt of his shoulder Pleading to the Ref.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
The word "soccer" came about through bunch of priveleged rugby playing students from an exclusive university in tiny part of England. Football was always a working class sport so their opinion was barely even noticed by the general public let alone dictate actual used slang by supporters.

Lager please Avy
Coming up. I’m giving you one of those Huge Double Mug’s,where she fits the whole Hand,spilling over as I slide it down the Bar.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
And delivered justice. That eyelash glance was never a penalty. Maybe if he'd punched Messi squarely in the nose.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Late to the party as always lately...but I love this damn game, whatever you want to call it. Have played since I was a kid, coached a bunch and continue to love it in all its forms.

USA is all smoke and mirrors, nobody really cares about them unless they are winning. Pusilic is great, Sargent is very good, Weah is awesome...but until the country shows a genuine passion for the game, it all matters not. Betting against them Saturday...hoping to be proven wrong.

AND/BUT/OR...to paraphrase Squeeb and a couple others, FIFA sucks, Qatar sucks worse, and when the game you love is coiled up with $$ and slimy human rights abusing dictators, fuck it. As always, sport is ruined by money and politic.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The Polish keeper is my World Cup player of the tournament.

"We spoke before the penalty, and I told [him I] would bet him €100 that he [referee] wasn't going to give it," Szczesny told TV2. "So I've lost a bet against Messi.

"I don't know if that's allowed at the World Cup -- I'm probably going to get banned for it! But I don't care right now.

"I'm not going to pay him either -- he doesn't care about €100 I think he has enough."
:rofl:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
These two early games this morning are interesting! Portugal's in no matter what, but then it's any 1 of the remaining 3 teams in action here. I can't even sort out the possibilities.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ho Lee Crap at the South Korean goal to knock out Uruguay*

*Providing no more goals in either game

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Sat here on my own watching Brazil/Cameroon now and thinking to myself how good our coverage of this WC has been. It's normally during our summer and I think I may have overloaded slightly and watched too many games already.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Group G delivering the drama also, second halfs (halves feels wrong) and any of the 3 teams who are not Brazil could get in.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
the beauty of language is you can spell things properly and still pronounce them however you want ;)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. Definitely happened before. far too many footballers are dicks.

*maybe not in a WC match