Quantcast

FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2022... Any of you guys watching?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
would there be another elite sport where people act so much to milk penalties?
Probably not. But it's certainly not a new thing either.
It just makes me laugh whenever the most brazen offences happen as if there weren't eleventy million live viewers thinking "what a cock"
As VAR style technology evolves it "should" eventually make it even more obvious at this level. And players do occasionally get booked for it. so who knows. it may improve.
but rules being rules we'll always have those who'll attempt to flount them.
unwatchable for me
Can't argue with that. "for you" is the important part.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
...Don't forget the bulky armour, massive gloves and safety helmets... and maybe not even have a BALL at all? nevermind kicking it being the point?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Sorta kinda hate to say I was right about the US 11, but yeah...

US keepers are usually great. Big, athletic and intense. I was not impressed with Turner whatsoever. He didnt even contest 2 of the Netherlands goals today, and then had the gall to yell at his defense after both. He made some outstanding looking saves, but in reality they were triggered by his failures to properly track 50/50 balls and incoming Dutch players.

Someday the US men will realize that its a team game. There are, at last count, 11 players on the pitch.(Thats a field for you heathens.) It takes 100% commitment from all of them, and then some, to win on the international stage. If there is a doubt regarding this, reference the US Women's team. Thye do fairly well internationally.

Oh well, back to hockey. I wonder how the Blackhawks are doing...

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Sorta kinda hate to say I was right about the US 11, but yeah...

US keepers are usually great. Big, athletic and intense. I was not impressed with Turner whatsoever. He didnt even contest 2 of the Netherlands goals today, and then had the gall to yell at his defense after both. He made some outstanding looking saves, but in reality they were triggered by his failures to properly track 50/50 balls and incoming Dutch players.

Someday the US men will realize that its a team game. There are, at last count, 11 players on the pitch.(Thats a field for you heathens.) It takes 100% commitment from all of them, and then some, to win on the international stage. If there is a doubt regarding this, reference the US Women's team. Thye do fairly well internationally.

Oh well, back to hockey. I wonder how the Blackhawks are doing...
Oh,we have an Expert who say’s he is Sorry for being right do we? Say’s Turner should have contested 2 of the Goal‘s,and has the Balls to yell at his defense. On top of that he has given us the very important matter of 11 players playing as One is important. Please.

You are Wrong about Turner,and seem like a Hater.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ultimately nearly every single time a keeper has to make a save it is down to his defenders not doing their job well enough.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
BBC iplayer and some sort of VPN?
and just tick the "I have a license" box

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
It's not every day you see an entire section of stand in the WC knockout stage filled with women in traditional outfits synchronised dancing while not even watching their 3-0 down team play

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not too shabby a result. Have a feeling France will probably do the same to us though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I get why they have individual teams but pretty safe to say that a UK team would have a better results than separate England Scot teams.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Hahahah. Nah. Westy. You don't "get" it at all.
There's not really a current Scottish player capable of a place in the England football team.
There are however another 2 countries in the UK. Neither of those are particularly fond of the English either.

I'm very rare for a Scots football fan in that I was rooting for England tonight.
I'm Scottish born (although actually of half English descent to my father's side) but have always supported Scotland against England. Other than that I'm not a I'm a supporter of any team. Infact I don't really like football supporters. I'm simply a fan of good football.
I'll be rooting for the French team in all their games simply because of the way they play the game. Same with Argentina and Brazil. The Scotland team are terrible and had they qualified wouldn't even really have deserved their place.
The only team I have any real alegiance to is the U14 Scottish National Academy team my youngest daughter plays for.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hahahah. Nah. Westy. You don't "get" it at all.
There's not really a current Scottish player capable of a place in the England football team.
There are however another 2 countries in the UK. Neither of those are particularly fond of the English either.

I'm very rare for a Scots football fan in that I was rooting for England tonight.
I'm Scottish born (although actually of half English descent to my father's side) but have always supported Scotland against England. Other than that I'm not a I'm a supporter of any team. Infact I don't really like football supporters. I'm simply a fan of good football.
I'll be rooting for the French team in all their games simply because of the way they play the game. Same with Argentina and Brazil. The Scotland team are terrible and had they qualified wouldn't even really have deserved their place.
The only team I have any real alegiance to is the U14 Scottish National Academy team my youngest daughter plays for.

But if the best Scot et al is better than the worst English player, and a combined team had better resources then in theory a united team should be better. Of course this theory ignores any odds of the Scots headbutting the English in the locker room, Northern Irish player from bombing the team bus or anyone understanding what a Welsh player said.

OK, bad idea.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Modrić with a really nice strike and an equally nice save by the Japanese keeper. This game is quite entertaining... for me. :D
Good Morning Brother,thank you for that Great Bunny shot,you had me in Stiches. Funny. Japan is my call for the win,they just never quit!

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I just want England to do us a favor a wipe France from the cup. Or at least to wipe Mbappé and a few others.
Slim,who is “Us”? You came late,but I made post to you on the Mexico Game. You Love the Frenchies in DH. Why not Football? Beautiful is Beautiful.

Avy

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Slim,who is “Us”? You came late,but I made post to you on the Mexico Game. You Love the Frenchies in DH. Why not Football? Beautiful is Beautiful.

Avy
Because I'm Argentinian, and we have the best player of the world in our national team. Not only that, we have a really good team this year. Andb finally, because Messi really deserves to have a World Cup in his pocket before he retires.

EDIT: Also, France has assembled their national team off expats, as many others have done. I don't want to sound chauvinistic, but we have a 100% national team*.

* This is really a tongue-in-cheek comment for those assholes still barking about Europe loosing their roots to immigrants, refugees and expats.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Because I'm Argentinian, and we have the best player of the world in our national team. Not only that, we have a really good team this year. Andb finally, because Messi really deserves to have a World Cup in his pocket before he retires.
Now you’re talking,I was wondering when that Fire would start. I know you are Argentinian,hence my post to you on the Mexico game. Good Luck.

Avy

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

EDIT: Also, France has assembled their national team off expats, as many others have done. I don't want to sound chauvinistic, but we have a 100% national team*.

* This is really a tongue-in-cheek comment for those assholes still barking about Europe loosing their roots to immigrants, refugees and expats.
I thought Benzema had the Ballon d'or this year?!

:D