Quantcast

FOOTBALL WORLD CUP 2022... Any of you guys watching?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
if you go to that clown's social media, you'll find thousands of comments by Argentinian fans bashing him.

He seems to have been able to reach the field because of "Chiqui" Tapia, the president of the Argentinian Football Association. Chiqui went to have dinner to one of this goon's restaurants a few nights before the final match.
I can not believe that Clown Held the Trophy? First of all,slap him across the Face Open Palm right there on the Spot. Who are You to Touch the Trophy,Idiot self absorbed over paid wanna be Cook.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I can not believe that Clown Held the Trophy? First of all,slap him across the Face Open Palm right there on the Spot. Who are You to Touch the Trophy,Idiot self absorbed over paid wanna be Cook.

Avy
And Sprinkle Salt on his Fuckin Ass like he does! Get the Fuck Off the Pitch!

Avy

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ah. I remember that (big stoner looking ginger longhaired long goatee beard) guy from the USA WC team way back (90s?).
You can take the boy out of America but you cannae take American out the boy.
What a twat.

He could always start a union and then create "Play-off Soccer" with it's own "World Series" like the US have for other already established sports they coppied badly, changed the name of and no other country wants to compete in

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I will say the 35 yard vs set piece (as a keeper) is a solid option. But bigger goals? Fuck off ginger boy.
Back in the 80s there was another wave of "innovation" proposed and played by the US Football association. Instead of a free kick, it included something where the fouls comitted between the 35-yard mark and the goal area were sanctioned with a 5-second free period for a member of the team awarded the kick to run from any point in the 35-yard mark and face the goalkeeper, one-on-one.

It was bizarre and stupid.

EDIT: They were called "Penalty Shootouts"

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Ah. I remember that (big stoner looking ginger longhaired long goatee beard) guy from the USA WC team way back (90s?).
You can take the boy out of America but you cannae take American out the boy.
What a twat.

He could always start a union and then create "Play-off Soccer" with it's own "World Series" like the US have for other already established sports they coppied badly, changed the name of and no other country wants to compete in
I remember his playing days very well. To me,he was never good enough to run his mouth on TV like does. Best game that USA team had was beating Columbia in 94 WC at Stanford Universty. However,that was the Tragic story of a own Goal by Columbia,they were supposed to win that Cup. They did not get out of the Group and went home. They shot and killed the player who scored the own Goal. Married with 2 children. Forgive me,can’t think of his name.

I can not stand Alexis,never liked his style. Every fucking WC I have to deal with him,thank God it’s every 4 years. All those ideas are Stupid,play the fucking game and shut up.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Back in the 80s there was another wave of "innovation" proposed and played by the US Football association. Instead of a free kick, it included something where the fouls comitted between the 35-yard mark and the goal area were sanctioned with a 5-second free period for a member of the team awarded the kick to run from any point in the 35-yard mark and face the goalkeeper, one-on-one.

It was bizarre and stupid.

EDIT: They were called "Penalty Shootouts"

I have never seen that Slim. That idea gives the Striker the upper hand. All that real estate to use? The GK has to come out IMHO,and that is where it goes bad. This was not a good example as the players and League are not the best in the World. Messi would go at him and then Soft kick it over his head and watch it slowly roll in.
There is too much ground for the GK to cover with the best players in the World.

Slim,did you see that one GK had no Gloves. Never seen that. Fucking Sick.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
However,that was the Tragic story of a own Goal by Columbia,they were supposed to win that Cup. They did not get out of the Group and went home. They shot and killed the player who scored the own Goal. Married with 2 children. Forgive me,can’t think of his name.
Andres Escobar.
Do you remember Columbia's eccentric keeper Rene (El Loco) Higuita? He didn't play in that world cup as he was in jail but is most famously known for pulling the scorpion kick just a year later against England at Wembley? I remember thinking he must have a death wish with some of his crazy antics.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Andres Escobar.
Do you remember Columbia's eccentric keeper Rene (El Loco) Higuita? He didn't play in that world cup as he was in jail but is most famously known for pulling the scorpion kick just a year later against England at Wembley? I remember thinking he must have a death wish with some of his crazy antics.
Yes,I remember El Loco very well. Good call on him not being at that WC,I forgot. The game was a lot of Drama for me as I thought they had No Chance? At that time,I only knew Columbia was the Favorite to win. I was and still watch Alot of African Football. The African Cup,Cameroon,Nigeria,Egypt etc as I grew up there. Also,I love there style of play,very different style. Long Pass,taking shots from way out,and they Never get tired.

Remember,this was when Pablo Escobar was the King of Coke. The team was always at his House livin it up. I am going to watch that Doc on Pablo and Andres again on NetFlex. There was ALOT of pressure on that team to win. Somebody lost millions of dollars on that Game and Cup.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
what's the name of the documentary? sounds worth a watch.
It is Two Docs Brother. Sorry to confuse you. One on each. The Pablo Doc I am little worried as I have seen at least 3 of them. Only 1 had the Football Team in it. Also,NetFlex deletes shit so I am hoping it is still there. I’m on it Brother.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
It is Two Docs Brother. Sorry to confuse you. One on each. The Pablo Doc I am little worried as I have seen at least 3 of them. Only 1 had the Football Team in it. Also,NetFlex deletes shit so I am hoping it is still there. I’m on it Brother.

Avy
“The Final Score“ is a 8 part Series on NetFlix starting in 1987 on Andreas and the Team. I hope you like it? I did.

ESPN “30 for 30 “ also did a Show for Andrea’s. It was very good,but different than NetFlix.

I have not found Pablo yet,fucking got locked in on the Andreas NetFlix.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

"El Tula" just received the award for the best fans in representation of the Argentinian ones...

This guy fought the German police in 1974 to get his "bombo" inside the football stadiums, to cheer for Argentina, and has been to each World Cup ever since.
Wow,that is Crazy! So he was there when they played Italy? The Italian Fans Love Maradona to this day. They were confused who to root for? Is that Crazy or what? I doubt I will ever see that again? They had Huge banners and were going Nuts! There is Video of it, we must find it,I have seen it. Was it not the 74 Cup?

Check out the Stickers he has on that. History.

Avy

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Wow,that is Crazy! So he was there when they played Italy? The Italian Fans Love Maradona to this day. They were confused who to root for? Is that Crazy or what? I doubt I will ever see that again? They had Huge banners and were going Nuts! There is Video of it, we must find it,I have seen it. Was it not the 74 Cup?

Check out the Stickers he has on that. History.

Avy
True story: I've been to Italy for work several times. I always took my Argentinian Football team with "Maradona 10" stamped in the back. Each and every time. Whenever I wore it somebody would scream "Diego!!!!" from afar, and then they would come over and tell me stories about watching Diego play in Napoli's team and how friendly he was on the streets.

Truly moving feeling I tell you.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
True story: I've been to Italy for work several times. I always took my Argentinian Football team with "Maradona 10" stamped in the back each and every time. Whenever I wore it somebody would scream "Diego!!!!" from afar, and then they would come over and tell me stories about watching Diego play in Napoli's team and how friendly he was on the streets.

Truly moving feeling I tell you.

You see this Brother?

Avy

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Bump because Lionel Messi

I never paid MLS much nevermind, 'cept when my kid was younger because RBNY games were cheap and they didn't totally suck ass back then, but now we have this: Lionel Messi, the world's greatest and/or most marketable player, playing for the last place team in the Eastern Conference in an 18k capacity temporary stadium for a team with no manager.

Look, he didn't take that Saudi petroblood money -- in fact turned down a shitload of it (or chopped-up journalist load? 4 planes-worth load? [Or 3 and a space laser, depending if you ask Avy.] Dunno how to quantify, exactly) to do this instead. Not like the PGA! (Where my golfers at?)

Anyway, the dude is soccer ... or football. No, I was right the first time. He's soccer now.

MLS (and it's $80 AppleTV season pass) is on the precipice of breaking into the big time.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

I never paid MLS much nevermind, 'cept when my kid was younger because RBNY games were cheap and they didn't totally suck ass back then, but now we have this: Lionel Messi, the world's greatest and/or most marketable player, playing for the last place team in the Eastern Conference in an 18k capacity temporary stadium for a team with no manager.

Look, he didn't take that Saudi petroblood money -- in fact turned down a shitload of it (or chopped-up journalist load? 4 planes-worth load? [Or 3 and a space laser, depending if you ask Avy.] Dunno how to quantify, exactly) to do this instead. Not like the PGA! (Where my golfers at?)

Anyway, the dude is soccer ... or football. No, I was right the first time. He's soccer now.

MLS (and it's $80 AppleTV season pass) is on the precipice of breaking into the big time.
That's just a shady move to pivot before going to Barcelona for his retirement. He will play a season in Miami and then jump yo the other side of the pond.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Bad choice of words on my side. It's just a detour to avoid getting all the PSG fans upset as far as I've heard.
They need to worry less about players and worry more about coaches. And find a way to play more against better teams. (How to do that I don't know)

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

I do not understand the comment towards me?

It’s over Brother,it was a Beautiful Run,but it’s over. Slim is right,just a Temp move for Messi. Benzama 240 million to play in Saudi? Ronaldo is already there laughin all the way to the Bank. This is not new Sadly. Even the Great George Best back in the 70’s,along with Many others had played for it,though not near the Monies.

As a Fan it is hard to watch the ladder years. I don’t follow them anymore,it is not how I want to remember them. Ounce they leave the Top League,there is no other.

As a wise Man, I say good on you,get the Monies while you can! It ain’t comin around again!

MLS has come Miles in its growth. We have slowly,painfully,grown it to help our National Team.

I remember when Henry played MLS,he was Miles ahead them. I did not know it was so much to watch MLS?
I would not give my money.

Avy

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I watched Wrexham destroy the LA Galaxy B team. Then they beat the Man U scrubs. They have come a long way, but Mullins got hit hard and punctured a lung. Uncool for a "friendly" match.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Anyone else been watching the Womens?
Why yes of course Avy is watching Gary. I never miss the Women’s WC,though I must say it is the “only” time I watch. I Love the women Gary cause they are hard chargin,no cryin warrior’s! No matter the Crountry. They just pop up like toast and are ready butter the muffin.

Nigeria with the upset.

Avy Loves Rose on USA

Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Anyone else been watching the Womens?
Yep, being American, I follow the USA. Sorta. I have never played much soccer, so the offsides rules always confuses me. I get it for hockey, but soccer? IDK.

It's cool that 2 of the USA women are from Colorado. So, much love to them! Get it girls! :D

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So USA just played "Netherlands". I've been to Amsterdam. But aren't "Dutch" from Denmark? (I've been there too, but it was a looooong time ago.) And technically Netherlands is a combo of Belgium and...some other countries?

Another thing that is confusing is the Olympics, is there a "Netherlands"? Or is it Belgium, Denmark, etc.?

I ask this because the American announcers called the Netherland players Dutch. Which, I guess is accurate? I could look it up on wikipedia, but I like you international/euro guys better for an explanation to my yank ignorance :)

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Except for the Pennsylvania Dutch, those are mostly German (due to Dutch being a variation of, and sounding a lot like Deutsch, denoting teutonic or germanic people. In English, the term had gradually evolved to only refer to the people living in today's Netherlands due to the proximity to England).

So USA just played "Netherlands". I've been to Amsterdam. But aren't "Dutch" from Denmark? (I've been there too, but it was a looooong time ago.) And technically Netherlands is a combo of Belgium and...some other countries?
You're probably thinking of Benelux, a political and economic union of Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, which has diminshed in importance with increasing EU integration.

Another thing that is confusing is the Olympics, is there a "Netherlands"? Or is it Belgium, Denmark, etc.?
There very much is, that's how the country is referred to. To complicate things a bit, Holland is often used synonymously with Netherlands, but it's actually just one region in the Netherlands.

The Low Countries (Nether-Lands, get it?) is a geographic region that consists of the Benelux countries but historically also included low lands in the north of France and Germany.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
This has gone well American.
Of course you'd have your own "Dutch" .. Why wouldn't you? Hahaha..

@SylentK Offside. For simplicity, Basically the rule is when attacking you can't pass to an attacking player who is positioned beyond the last opposing team's defender. But there are a few other more complicated facets to the rule. But don't worry too much about those. Many die hard footy fans don't know all of them

Mainly been watching highlights here due to the time difference. But enjoying what I've seen. And surprised at which countries have impressed and which haven't. Sorta goes without saying the US ladies are favourites for the title.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
This has gone well American.
Of course you'd have your own "Dutch" .. Why wouldn't you? Hahaha..

@SylentK Offside. For simplicity, Basically the rule is when attacking you can't pass to an attacking player who is positioned beyond the last opposing team's defender. But there are a few other more complicated facets to the rule. But don't worry too much about those. Many die hard footy fans don't know all of them

Mainly been watching highlights here due to the time difference. But enjoying what I've seen. And surprised at which countries have impressed and which haven't. Sorta goes without saying the US ladies are favourites for the title.
ENG vs DEN now SylentK. Lucky for us we have the proper history thanks to the Monkeys on DEN. Now,remember that Netherlands have the better team,however that don’t mean jack shit when the World Cup is on.

Gary,somehow I am happy to not see Alexis yapping in my ear. I have to listen as I want to hear the Ladies speak. Do you have this terrible cunt over there? Alexis lawless cunt or whatever his name is?

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Hahaha... No. We don't have Alexis the cunt here at all. I don't think UK football fans would cope very well with an American voice on our football commentary at all
We have a fairly big team of male and female commentators most of which being former professional premier league and international players themselves. And in the case of the World Cups the odd guest from another relevant country. Most of our commentary is pretty high quality but let down terribly by monotonous bias whenever England play.

Google is a dick here tho. I made the mistake of searching what games are on and because a lot of the games are being played in the early morning/middle of the night Google just spits out a graphic showing the full time results for every game played that day making finding a full match replay to watch pointless.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hahaha... No. We don't have Alexis the cunt here at all. I don't think UK football fans would cope very well with an American voice on our football commentary at all
We have a fairly big team of male and female commentators most of which being former professional premier league and international players themselves. And in the case of the World Cups the odd guest from another relevant country. Most if our commentary is pretty high quality but let down terribly by monotonous bias whenever England play.

Google is a dick here tho. I made the mistake of searching what games are on and because a lot of the fames are being played in the early morning/middle of the night Google just spits out a graphic showing the full time results for every game played that day making finding a full match replay to watch pointless.
Yeah,you poor sausage,fucking google cunt! My wife tells me, “you don’t have to say Siri”, sometimes Avy wants to talk to Siri. “Siri,I have a question,request“. I feel like I need to address her as such?
Really,the few times I use her is to call my Wife when driving,but I still call out Siri at all times as such.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Haha... You crack me up,
I don't have Siri.
I'm not an apple cunt

I don't have a good enough memory to remember which games are on when (especially for Women's WC) . So where other than an Internet search would you suggest I find this information?

Close family/friends are already on speed dial on my phone so I wouldn't ever need Google/Siri etc. to call them. Call me old fashioned but being a phone I kinda still like to use it as one.