Quantcast

For all of you racers or people wanting a website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I work for a web design company and we just started a new deal for a 3 page site and 25mb of storage space for under $5 a month. I am totally stoked on the one I made for myself.

Check it out - Click here to see my site!

I am not doing this for a product plug or anything, but to have a sweet looking site to promote your sponsors, show off some pictures, or whatever you want - this is a pretty rad thing to have for $4.95 a month. It’s perfect for the race season or to keep year around.

This web builder is pretty damn easy to use too. I had my site up in a couple hours. You can even have a domain name linked up to it (ex: www.yoursitename.com). If you guys have any questions or want to get set up with a site, give me a call at 1.800.765.7690 ext. 115 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST and I can get you set up and going over the phone. We also have packages with more pages and more storage space available for a little more cash.

Let me get some feedback guys. What do you think?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks guys, if you get a site - I can take care of any questions you might have. I take care of support for the company.

But yeah, if you are interested - give me a call and I can get you all set up. Also, if I don’t pick up - just leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I'm back at my desk. =]

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Bump it. What do you guys think? This is perfect for sending to potential sponsors or even to advertise for current ones. Something to show your friends/family. =]

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Hey, may be interested, I'll send you a PM or get in touch with you when I have a little time over the weekend.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The site is good... You asked for feedback, and my feedback would be that there are a LOT of companies offering a lot more webspace for $5/month.

GoDaddy.com is offering their Economy package for a paltry $3.95/month, or less if you want to sign into a year or two year contract.

Economy Plan:
• 5 GB Space • 250 GB Transfer • 500 Email Accounts
• 10 MySQL Databases • 50 Email Forwards
• Forums, Blogging, Photo Galleries

With all the WYSIWYG software around, the web builder isn't a big draw, and GoDaddy offers web building software too IIRC. Heck, even Microsoft Word has a built in WYSIWYG webpage editor, and if you want some bells and whistles there are a million software packages you can download - or even free online webpage builders.

So, nice, clean, simple site that looks great - but the hosting deal just isn't much of a deal at all.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Binary Visions – That plan you posted does not include the site builder - it is just for hosting. Here is there site builder plan:

5-Page Economy Plan: $4.95
• 50 MB Disk Space • 1 GB Bandwidth
• 1 Email Account • 50 Email Forwards

As for the other web builders and software you mentioned – they aren’t as easy to use and most of the time requires the user to know HTML etc to do anything that looks decent.

I have used most of our competitor’s web builders (godaddy, citymax, etc.) and ours was by far the most user friendly. I not joking or exaggerating when I say this but EVERY person who has canceled service with us to godaddy etc because they were slightly cheaper has come back to us and told us how the other web builders sucked.

Also, we are trying to shoot for people who don’t have any experience with building a website - hence the easiness of the web builder. We also have by far the best and most friendly customer support. The guys at godaddy are really unfriendly - at least when I have worked with them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:thumb:

As always, there's more to buying anything than the bottom line price. If you can offer something better than the competition, that's awesome - I'm sure you'll gain customers because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.