Quantcast

For all you Impreza lovers...

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
The Professor said:
Those lights gotta go. The grill looks good though.
Yup... the '' old " looks much better. For the rest it looks stunning :evil:

I geuss this is the 2006 model. I hope they will arive soon at the Subura dealer near me. I live only 3 streets away from it. :blah:

I think Acadian like to order one. I give you my adress where you can send the old one. ;) :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
remember that one time they did things just to be different, even though it made the car heinous? oh yeah, that was now.

I bet it sells worse than the 05 model and loses ground to the evo, which still looks like a normal car. Subaru will go back to older styling on their next model, just like they did with the round headlights of 02/03.

Sorry guys, I know this is all just a try to make your cars unique, but honestly, subarus were unique in that they didn't ever look completely stupid.

Sigh.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
quick search yielded this:

but it's pretty much fact that the tribeca is going to be produced

and this new impreza sticks with the same styling as the tribeca. The first picture is older, I think, so maybe this new one is their final plan.

Boo to that.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you're right, didn't notice the chop...the back half of the car looks straight up 05, but the front is certainly altered....oh well.

well, at LEAST the spoiler is bigger.

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
How is that a 4-door?

Mag. cover: "...it's a hatch!" Not to mention the lack of rear door handles, headrests, or room for a back seat.

p.s. Anyone notice the styling similarities between the WRX, Colt, SEAT and Alfa on that cover? Is every car going to look like an Alfa next year?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The rear end looks like a Ford Ka YUCK! I'll take the '05 please. Actually I'll take a Forester STi please!

:drool:

Money Shot!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
punkassean said:
The rear end looks like a Ford Ka YUCK! I'll take the '05 please. Actually I'll take a Forester STi please!

Money Shot!
tell me that is photoshop... that is a car i could get excited about... sweet... is it planned for 06 or is that fake ???

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
stoney98 said:
that's a real subie in pic.
The forester XT 2.5 is essentially an STI anyways.
Negative Ghost Rider, The STi and 2.5XT although similar are also very different.

The STi has a bigger turbo (+55hp) and stiffer, 1.5" lower suspension, 18" wheels, Brembo's

here's what Car and Driver had to say about the differences.

Car & Driver said:
Take a look at the spec sheet, and what one notices is that underneath the librarian-friendly exterior of the Forester lie the mechanicals of the U.S.-spec WRX STi. The 2.5-liter turbocharged flat-four from the STi is under the hood and making 265 horsepower, 55 more than the next-hottest Forester, the 2.5XT. A six-speed manual, a larger intercooler, and a low-back-pressure exhaust system round out the changes. Shift throws are short and tight, and the top three ratios of the box are 14 percent taller to match the engine's torque curve.

To deal with the extra power, the Forester STi gets upgraded suspension components. In addition to STi sport springs and revised struts at each corner, there are beefier anti-roll bars and cross-members. The changes result in a ride height that is 1.2 inches lower and produces an improved resistance to torsional forces. Rolling resistance is also improved, but the higher center of gravity of the Forester reminds the driver that this is not a WRX STi.

The steering on the Forester STi is similarly transformed. The new rack has a quicker ratio that leads to more-deliberate turn-in. Understeer will rear its head when you near the ridiculously high limits, but oversteer is as easy as lifting your right foot off the accelerator.

Other items lifted from the Impreza parts bin are the wheels, tires, and brakes. The STi gets 18-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels with wide 225/45R-18 Bridgestone Potenzas. Four-piston Brembo brakes do duty on the front rotors, and two-piston units clamp the rear. The combination has the depth to scrub off enormous amounts of speed instantly without a great deal of dive, thanks to the stiffer suspension.

Inside, the fastest Forester gets aggressively shaped STi seats and a smaller leather steering wheel and shift knob with red stitching. Aside from these carefully chosen bits, there aren't many more creature comforts. Subaru's goal with this wagon was to create a hard-core Forester that could keep pace with a WRX STi but with more utility and for less money.

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
How is it that Subaru keep perfecting the wagon? Every year I lust for a different one!

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
punkassean said:

Money Shot!

Whoo never knew this was a existing model .:drool: i am cool with this one.. lots of space for bikestuff inb the back.. plus a fat engineblock :drool:

How much would they cost. :confused:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
partsbara said:
tell me that is photoshop... that is a car i could get excited about... sweet... is it planned for 06 or is that fake ???
100% real! Japan only as far as I know :(

Maybe you can get one imported to Aus and then Germany?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
punkassean said:
parts, who is the quote in your signature from? Me likey! :)

NOFX :)

http://www.nofx.org/albums/albums.html

go and look at the album 'the war on errorism'... you can download the song... awesome stuff... there are some people in the world who hate gw bush more than me :) quite refreshing really

"Idiots Are Taking Over"

it's not the right time to be sober
now the idiots have taken over
spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?

Mensa membership exceeding
tell me why and how are all the stupid people breeding
Watson, it's really elementary
the industrial revolution
has flipped the bitch on evolution
the benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized, what a bummer
the world keeps getting dumber
insensitivity is standard and faith is being fancied over reason

darwin's rollin over in his coffin
the fittest are surviving much less often
now everything seems to be reversing, and it's worsening
someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool
now angry mob mentality's no longer the exception, it's the rule
and im startin to feel a lot like charlton heston
stranded on a primate planet
apes and orangutans that ran it to the ground
with generals and the armies that obeyed them
followers following fables
philosophies that enable them to rule without regard

there's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated
political scientists get the same one vote as some Arkansas inbred
majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions

what are we left with?
a nation of god-fearing pregnant nationalists
who feel it's their duty to populate the homeland
pass on traditions
how to get ahead religions
And prosperity via simpleton culture

the idiots are takin over [x8]

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
Impreza are nice, and I'm still trying to find some pics for this but has anyone else seen the 2005 Legacy 3.0R-B Sti, now that is a sweet sweet beast. :cool:

Used to want a Rex, but no give me a Legacy now, more luxury toys to play with and more room inside. I find the rexs a bit cramped.

I'd have a rex as a second car but as I can only afford one I'll take my Legacy.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Wonder if the "Saab-aru" will follow suit...?

God, I think that thing is heinous. Maybe I should hold off judging until I see a few more views, but...eewwww.

MD

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
those foresters are the chit.

an old dude here in Lima owns one with an STI engine and races the forester under the "trucks and SUV" category in local rallies.

his car won the overall in the biggest race last year, and usually keeps up with the rest of the MRT evos, and the baratero STIs and all others full blown group N cars....

and in the superprimes in tarmac circuits, he stamped the best time of all!!!!

they want to void his forester because its faster and way cheaper than the other 70k group N cars....
i think he said it cost him only like 25k to build the car from scratch....

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Looks like too much of a rice rocket (excuse the term). The front is way too clutterd. I like Subaru because their styling is simple and their cars work well. With the 06 they just made the Impreza a cheap looking street racer knock off. I don't care if it has good performance, I would be embarrassed to be seen driving it.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
OH GOOD GOD NO!!!! if that is actually real, that new impreza is hideous.
the new grill is ok, dare i say pretty nice, but the rest of it is just terrible!!!
i mean i'm sure i'll grow to like it... nah its not going to happen, its just too damn ugly.

i still say the 99 impreza was the best shape, more specificly the 22B.

must say i would be intrested to see what the WRC car based on it will look like.

just done a quick search and found an article about the new impreza from that magazine.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/55824/impreza_hot_hatch_on_way.html

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Doesn't anybody care that this thing has a big stupid wing on the back???

Even the current models have that, only the STI versions though. The only thing that uncovers my wagons sleeper look it a silly hoodscoop, it is functional so I let it slide.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
No - I have an Outback & a Odyssey. Both of which have little tiny useless wings above the hatchback. :confused:

-S.S.-
Actually those little wings do help with turbulence and can stop dirt and snow from building up on your rear window when driving.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
Actually those little wings do help with turbulence and can stop dirt and snow from building up on your rear window when driving.
I was talking from a Ricer perspective they're useless. I know what they're *supposed* to do.........

Although speaking from experience - they don't do that very well either. :mad:

-S.S.-