Quantcast

For all you Impreza lovers...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
I love seeing those cars with the stoopid-azz spoilers. The best are the 4-door Toyota & Nissan sedans with 'em. :thumb:

-S.S.-

For some reason...lately in these parts I've been seeing people with old f'd up cars like station wagons...like dented, old, oxidized paint...with spinner hub caps...I suppose it's somewhat 'ghetto fabulous', but the people I see driving them aren't the kind of people you would suspect are doing it for the funny factor.

A friend of mine in high school bought this beat up dodge dart swinger...thing was a total roach...and he spray painted WHERES THE BEEF on the sides...not sure why, but it was kinda funny...after school we'd be in it at the main stop light and the light was green for so short a time in that direction...he'd sit through the green and start inching through as it turned yellow, then just as it was about to turn red, he'd floor it through the intersection leaving everyone else stuck at the stop light...now THAT was funny...as long as I was in the car...otherwise, I'd make sure I was out of the parking lot before he even got to his car!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
I suppose it's somewhat 'ghetto fabulous', but the people I see driving them aren't the kind of people you would suspect are doing it for the funny factor.

I love that. Some people build up crappy cars for the irony then there are the douche nozzles that think it is cool and do the same thing never getting the joke.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
dh girlie said:
A friend of mine in high school bought this beat up dodge dart swinger...thing was a total roach...and he spray painted WHERES THE BEEF on the sides...not sure why, but it was kinda funny...
Those old Wendy's commercials, you know with the haggish old lady (from Goonies?) saying "Where's the beef?!"

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
The hood scoop on the STI's actually perform a duty. The radiator is mounted on top of the engine, and the scoop feeds it. I dont know why this is, maybe so you can ram snow banks @ 54 mph and not take out your radiator. :confused: :think:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
punkassean said:
That's an intercooler (intake air temperature reducer), not an engine coolant radiator...
Ah, got it. I didnt think that the turbo really ran at a high enough PSI to be intercooled, but i guess thats how they get the 300 HP out of it. What do those turbos run at? 10, 15, 20? 25 :devil:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
that atv begs the question....why?

if i had moolah, i'd probably pwn one anyways. thing probably has more horsepower than weight.

Note on the hood scoops- the rally cars have the scoop blocked off, and another vent is cut into the top. the intercooler is more efficient up front. I *bet* they still do it on the road cars cause it looks cool.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
ALEXIS_DH said:
that atv is photoshopped.

this one, isnt. a Ferrari 456 Station Wagon only 1 out of 7, and the only one in the world outside Brunei.....

Don't think the ATV is fake yo, did you follow the link? Kiwi's are nutty man, I believe it...

When you are talking about a Ferrari wagon you can substitute the word "Sport" in place of "Station". ie; Ferrari 456GT Sport Wagon. Doesn't that sound better? When you say station wagon all I can see is this

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
punkassean said:
Don't think the ATV is fake yo, did you follow the link? Kiwiw's are nutty man, I believe it...

When you are talking about a Ferrari wagon you can substitute the word "Sport" in place of "Station". ie; Ferrari 456GT Sport Wagon. Doesn't that sound better? When you say station wagon all I can see is this

Check out that persons fro in the pic!