Quantcast

For anyone Riding the Harpoon Even in Lynn, Ma this Sunday 5/23

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
This past fall, my uncle died of cancer. He was an avid biker, serious competitor in road cycling and an all-around stand up fantastic guy. He died at 57....far too early for someone who gave so much to others. A dedicated husband, silver star recipient from vietnam, incredible role model when i was younger......some of his last words and last moments were etween his riding friends....He has a memorial race named for him in marblehead this spring and his wife is racing for him this summer....

http://www.ccbracing.com/feature/2004/March/schott.html

He asked that some of his ashes be spread by me at a local riding spot. I will be arriving prior to any happenings early this sunday morning and spreading his remains at several spots in Lynn, notably the cliff overlooking the water near outlook rock, as well as a particularaly secluded view that I know up on the ridge on the new freeride trail.

When youre riding sunday, or anytime this week in Lynn, take a moment as you ride to think of how lucky we all are to be out there, doing what we love. It means a lot to me that his presence will be at Lynn, looking over everyone, becoming part of the earth and the soil that we all sweat and bleed and laugh over.....

Life is too short.....too sweet...

Attachments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I won't be at Lynn on Sunday - but I'll keep your Dad in mind when I'm racing my first XC rade on Sunday - that oughta help me keep my legs pumping and the pedals turning.

My condolences to you and your family and I think your plans for Sunday are a wonderful tribute to someone who must have been one amazing person.

All the best,

Mark