Quantcast

?? for Monkey photogs

J

JRB

Funny - I figured you still took your pics with pen and paper.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
loco said:
Funny - I figured you still took your pics with pen and paper.
To modern. I thought he might draw them in the dirt with a stick.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DRB said:
Its run by Jews and since SS hates Jews that might not be the best place for him to buy from.
Not only Jews, it's run by SUPER JEWS. I wish I had as many holidays as them. The flipside is that their pricing is fantastic and almost always have what you need in stock.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
SkaredShtles said:
Do you use any particular glass filter for protection? Are they pretty much one and the same or are there better and worse ones?
I don't. Personally I think it is silly to buy a nice expensive lens and then plop a 20 piece of glass on the front of it :) Depends on your needs though. I treat my equipment better than I would my kid(if I had one) so I don't really have to worry about the lens getting touched. Some dudes are pretty hard on their gear though so it might be worth it for them? If you are after the best image possible though, I would avoid them...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BAH said:
I don't. Personally I think it is silly to buy a nice expensive lens and then plop a 20 piece of glass on the front of it :) Depends on your needs though. I treat my equipment better than I would my kid(if I had one) so I don't really have to worry about the lens getting touched. Some dudes are pretty hard on their gear though so it might be worth it for them? If you are after the best image possible though, I would avoid them...
Ah, crap. I think I'll get one since I'm pretty sure we're not particularly kind to our gear. Our lens gets touched all the time by our 3 kids. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Ah, crap. I think I'll get one since I'm pretty sure we're not particularly kind to our gear. Our lens gets touched all the time by our 3 kids. :D
Something multi-coated from a good manufacturer will give you the best image quality. The coatings will cut down on the amount of flare the filter will generate.

May as well have the kids be rubbing their grimey fingers on that $20-30 piece of glass instead of the expensive lens ;)

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I don't, but mostly because there isn't a need for it with what I normally shoot. If I get some bright sunlight at a wedding I will use it as a backlight to light up some hair or veil or whatever :)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
B&W filters are the best filters out there, or for something a little cheaper look at the Hoya ultra thin ones. As for B&H as well as Adorama, I will never shop at either, ever. I get the same prices from Roberts Distributers, and they will deliver on time, they will even ship same day air if need be. Yes to answer your question I have had them ship me a Camera in Hawaii, ordered it and 10 hours later it was there.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
B&H is great, I tried adorama, cuz they were open 1 extra day cuz there jews too. and after a week saying that my credit card didnt go through (and it had already been charged to my card) I went to B&H where I have bought all of my gear and got it in no time

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
huh, i am two for two w/ adorama...1st was via Amazon, and the 2nd time i tried B&H but their automated shopping cart system was out of order, so i went to adorama. same price, got my lens to me a day earlier than they said they would.