Quantcast

For only $18,000, you can have an outdoor conference while biking.....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I wonder if people actually buy this stuff?

The Seven-Person Conference Bicycle
Why be satisfied with a bicycle built for two? The unique and easy-to-maneuver ConferenceBike™ comfortably seats up to seven people, sitting in a circle and biking together for an unforgettable riding experience. Originally commissioned exclusively for Hammacher Schlemmer, American artist and inventor Eric Staller has created what he calls “a symbol for community, a tool for bringing people together.” Almost anyone can ride on this distinctive trike, so you can use it for family reunions, summer gatherings, corporate retreats, outdoor education programs, or taking the neighborhood along for a ride. The frame has an ergonomic design making it easy to get on and off, and has seven sets of pedals that propel the trike forward via a patented transmission system. One person steers, while all seven riders are free to pedal, or not, as the bike moves along. The vehicle is easy to operate, with Porsche™-engineered steering, hydraulic brakes, parking brake and lights. Hand-crafted in Germany, and built to last, The ConferenceBike safely transports a combined weight of 1,400 lbs. Red paint finish is a durable baked-on powder-coat; drive-train is completely covered for protection against dust and rain. Easy-to-access maintenance points. Best for riding on hard level surfaces. Maximum speed of 15 mph
Linky

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
they had those in lake george (tourist trap) this summer, you had to pay $ to pedal your self around the strip
Really? How the fock did I miss that thing!?!? Oh, that's right, I was drunk. :evil:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
BigMike said:
Let me rephrase that with what you actually said

"like a natural attraction, liking, or feeling of kinship of people have already posted it"

:D
i was wondering about that word choice as well... :think: