Quantcast

For sale: Nikon gear

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

Nikon D3 camera body
A little over 21k shutter actuations (rated to 300k+)
Super clean, no dents, dings or scratches.

With:
2 batteries
Battery charger
Manual
(no box)
Hoodman clear screen protector.
Really Right Stuff tripod plate, (Arca compatible)
One pair of Lexar Pro 16GB 1000x CF cards (crazy fast cards)
Black Crumpler "Popular Disgrace" camera strap

Telepathically fast. Sad to see it go. I'm downsizing to Fuji X.

$2200 OBO

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

Nikon ED Nikkor AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8 D lens.
"The Beast".
Clean and fast.
Comes with:
HB-19 hood
Front/rear caps
Hoya HMC 77mm UV(0) filter (not the Quantaray in the pic above, I tossed that crap)
Sadly, no box.

$800 OBO

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
why the switch?

portability?
That will be a fringe benefit. Mainly selling off everything to up the savings account. We're trying to buy a house this year. The Fuji stuff gives some of the best bang for the dollar for image quality.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder

Nikon D3 camera body
A little over 21k shutter actuations (rated to 300k+)
Super clean, no dents, dings or scratches.

With:
2 batteries
Battery charger
Manual
(no box)
Hoodman clear screen protector.
Really Right Stuff tripod plate, (Arca compatible)
One pair of Lexar Pro 16GB 1000x CF cards (crazy fast cards)
Black Crumpler "Popular Disgrace" camera strap

Telepathically fast. Sad to see it go. I'm downsizing to Fuji X.

$2200 OBO
X-Pro or one of the others? Every now and then I think about selling the D200 and lenses to get an X-Pro. They seem like really cool little cameras.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
X-Pro or one of the others? Every now and then I think about selling the D200 and lenses to get an X-Pro. They seem like really cool little cameras.
DO IT. They are amazing and they just dropped the price on the X-Pro1 and the X-E1 by $200 each and bundled lenses are $200-$300 off.

The Fuji sensor will make the D200 seem like a camera phone.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Moar D3 pics:

Note: I had a strip of black gaff tape over the Nikon and D3 logos - upon removal it took off a small chip of white enamel on the Nikon logo. :rolleyes:
This is literally the only cosmetic issue - no other scuffs, dents or dings.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Also for sale:

Nikon ED Nikkor AF-S 80-200mm f/2.8 D lens

This is the silent motor AF-S version of the 80-200mm, not the screw drive AF-D version. The focusing is quick and precise.

Only flaw: a tiny mark on the front element, off to one side (not center). It's so small I never noticed it till long after I bought it. Zero effect on picture quality and with the filter in place it's very hard to see. (I tried to get a pic, couldn't get it to show up)

A few other typical light scuffs on the barrel from being in and out of a camera bag.

Comes with:
HB-17 hood
Kiwi LP-86 Arca compatible tripod plate
Case
Nikon L37c 77mm filter
Caps
Manual
Unfilled warranty card
Original box

$900 obo

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Shame to see you have to dump such a nice kit, though I can't blame you. Similar thoughts have run through my head recently. Thought about selling my crap for an OM-D cause truthfully the SLR set up is overkill most of the time. To be honest I've been carrying my GoPro around most places to shoot pictures and video. There's something undeniably gratifying about it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Shame to see you have to dump such a nice kit, though I can't blame you. Similar thoughts have run through my head recently. Thought about selling my crap for an OM-D cause truthfully the SLR set up is overkill most of the time. To be honest I've been carrying my GoPro around most places to shoot pictures and video. There's something undeniably gratifying about it.
I would take a long hard look at Fuji if you are considering the OM-D. Fuji is killing it. Excellent image quality and they have been very responsive with customer feedback. (regular firmware updates, etc) AND they just dropped the price and are doing lens bundle discounts this month.

But yeah, if we weren't concentrating on inflating the savings account, I'd love to hang onto the D3. It's a fantastic machine.

BTW - the 28-70mm is SOLD.