Quantcast

For the attention of OLD monkeys. Well, those 30+

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Today while watching the World Cup I managed to plug in the last 10 years of Masters World Champs. Well OK, it took a bit longer than that, been a busy day! Until now these results had been conspicuously absent from the site.

Some of them were horrendously hard to find full results of, it's amazing how something only 5 years old gets buried and lost on the internet.

Anyway, I figured this would be of vague interest to some of you, since there was a large USA contingent at all of the Canadian races.

http://www.rootsandrain.com/masters-world-championships.html

Roll on Lillehammer 2014, that'll be my first Masters World Champs. Better start training...

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Yeah, I consider "Masters" to be over 40. I don't notice any depreciation in my skills or fitness yet at 33 (racing age 34). More risk averse perhaps. In Enduro and XC the 30somethings still rule and there's plenty of them who place highly in DH.

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Raced in PraLoup both times! Such a nice track! Especially the long version in 2007. Had a pretty descent race ;) Haffjel will be fun..shame I don't race anymore :(

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
It's not Hafjell in 2014, it's down the road at Lillehammer. At least I think that's right?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Thanks for putting all that together.

Haha, my 9th doesn't look any better now than it did in '06. I hope they've added a 60+ by the time it gets back to North America.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Updated this now so that it goes all the way back to 1999, the first ever Masters World Champs.