Quantcast

For the grammar police, might be old...

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt.

Received by email, source unattributed.

J

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, pretty old. There's at least fifty different versions, many attributed to different schools.

Still funny, though. It's especially ironic that I have an easier time reading that than I do reading Peatydag's posts :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Did I mention that I love the new Edit function? I often catch something I want to edit after I've made a post, and this is awesome :thumb:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Grammar police would be less interested than the Spelling Nazis. As an amateur socio-linguist, I'm a member of both organizations, so I find it fascinating.

:D

J

JRB

I don't really understand the new edit function. What is everyone talking about?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
johnbryanpeters said:
cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt.
How did Mack get a hold of JBP's RM login?