manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Dude he totally owned that, it didn't even look like he gave it a second thought. He will probably be the coolest kid in school when he rides his bike to school and does a stair gap before he leaves to go home :) Or rides trials around the playground...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
DEWD! That was sweet.

Never saw the wreck pics...how was the damage? Is it wrong that I slightly giggled inside when I saw the last wreck still and thought back to my childhood, a finger-in-spoke-incident...?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
blue said:
DEWD! That was sweet.

Never saw the wreck pics...how was the damage? Is it wrong that I slightly giggled inside when I saw the last wreck still and thought back to my childhood, a finger-in-spoke-incident...?
only damage was a scratch on his forearm and a big dent in his helmet from that root in the background. and yes...it's ok to laugh about the crash, he does. he thinks it's hilarious when he watches the video of one of his stair crashes and hears the noises he makes all the way down.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yo, sweetness man. looks like his front tire needs some air though! your kid rocks man. pretty soon he'll be bunnyhopping picnic tables

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Good stuff!

I agree with the air/tyres comment though. Both look like they could use a few psi, DAD.
:)

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Oh my god he's friggin H U G E !!! Like, twice as big as the first pics. Skookum isn't selling him juice is he? :rofl:

Nice shots. The 'ol brick-n-board jump is bringing back some "interesting" memories. How did I ever survive childhood? :oink:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Changleen said:
Good stuff!

I agree with the air/tyres comment though. Both look like they could use a few psi, DAD.
:)

it looks bad but i actually plan it that way. it's kind of like him having 2" of suspension :thumb: he's light enough that they only compress when he lands hard. he doesn't seem to notice but if i try and run higher pressure he gets bounced around like a rag doll.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
that is awesome Manimal!!! Manhattanprjkt and I were out on a ride yesterday and saw a brick and board jump just like that in the middle of this field at a local park... I bet little Manimal would have put us to shame on it!!!:thumb:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
those photos right there, is what it's all about.

in the first set of pics, i like the one where he's totally bottomed out the suspension in those tires.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
He'ss going to be so good in a few years. I think he will start progressing at faster and faster rate as time goes on. He's going to make us all look bad in a few years.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Do you know how rich you are going to make one of us when we save these vids to a backup harddrive somewhere and in 15 years when he goes pro we pull them out and sell them to the media? :D

As usual, Noah is awesome!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dude, Badass. I so love seeing when people take this must interest in sharing hobbies with there kids. He has got some serious style and flow to his riding. Just think how easy his transistion will be when he is big enough for his first FS!!!! Also Kudos on not skimping on the Bike. Well spent money For the win there. Keep him going and he is going to go far. It will be him we are cahtting about in different races and videos in 10 years!!!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
DirtyMike said:
Also Kudos on not skimping on the Bike. Well spent money For the win there.
haha..funny you mention that. mikedsx and i (best LBS shop manager ever) are building him his first bike that i will actually have to pay for. the one he's riding in the vid is actually a huffy that a neighborhood dad donated when he moved. he was stoked to see noah riding so well on his little 12" bike so he just gave it to us. i stripped the stickers, put some of my own on and changed the h-bar/stem so it is lower for him. oh yeah, put a better seat on there too :thumb: i think i have about $5 into that bike. he also has a sweet haro nyquist 16" that another neighbor donated. it is pretty nice and has a rear brake. it has a really long wheelbase and is a bit heavier than his current ride so he doesn't ride it much. he can sprint well on it but he doesn't have enough leverage to pull it up when he jumps.
all that will change when he's a little bit taller and able to ride this project bike :thumb: (the fork has only the assist springs in it so it is plush as a DH fork for him and it won't pogo like the traditional kids bike suspension fork)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
DirtyMike said:
Oh, hey when you getin that kid a Fullface Helmet??

as soon as someone makes a mtb helmet light enough and small enough for him. he has a XS fullface that kinda fits him and it was the smallest one i could find anywhere. the problem is the weight. he complains about it hurting his neck after about 10 minutes of wearing it. i'm pretty sure he'd rather get a strawberry on his nose than a broken neck. so until i can find a lightweight fullface for him....it's the giro.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
manimal said:
as soon as someone makes a mtb helmet light enough and small enough for him. he has a XS fullface that kinda fits him and it was the smallest one i could find anywhere. the problem is the weight. he complains about it hurting his neck after about 10 minutes of wearing it. i'm pretty sure he'd rather get a strawberry on his nose than a broken neck. so until i can find a lightweight fullface for him....it's the giro.
No light enough child size moto/ATV stuff out there?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
manimal said:
I rip the BMX track on saturdays and all the little rippers have fullfaces as its mandatory. Quite a few of them rock the Pryme helmets: http://www.prymegear.com/products/helmets/helmet-sizes.htm
Something to look at anyways...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
blue said:
No light enough child size moto/ATV stuff out there?

yeah, went to several MX shops and the only one that would fit him was (1) $250 and (2) just as heavy as the one he has.

i'll check on the pryme stuff but i've had no luck with bmx stuff either. even went to a race to see what the youngin's had on and it was just as heavy. you gotta remember, he's almost 6 but still pretty small for his age. he's only about 35lbs.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
manimal said:
i'll check on the pryme stuff but i've had no luck with bmx stuff either. even went to a race to see what the youngin's had on and it was just as heavy. you gotta remember, he's almost 6 but still pretty small for his age. he's only about 35lbs.
Some of the kids that come out are younger - like just turned 4 kind of thing. Might just have to wait until he's comfortable wearing the one you have, though..

It's hilarious seeing the little dudes stuggle to push their 15 pound bikes up to the start gate...I swear theres more carbon at these races than there is at road races - bars, forks, stems, cranks, seatposts, saddles.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BigMike said:
I've said it 100 times and i'll say it again, I wish my dad was HALF as cool as you when I was a kid!
:stupid:
Yup. And it is soooo awsome to see parents so dedicated to thier kids as Mr. and Mrs. Manimal!

Noah is a ripper. No two ways about it. The kid ownes!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
BigMike said:
I've said it 100 times and i'll say it again, I wish my dad was HALF as cool as you when I was a kid!

aww..gee thanks guys :love: but to be honest, my motives for taking him riding are usually selfish 'cause i get to ride and call it "father/son time" :D but when we actually get out riding i find myself so amused by his skills and drive that i put down my bike and pull out the camera. i'm gone a lot, especially when i'm on 2nd shift. i go to work just before he gets home from school and i'm asleep when he leaves in the morning...so except for the times that i have weekdays off, i really don't get to see him as much as i'd like. i try to make up for that and spend as much time "playing" with him and my girls when i'm off. i don't want them to think that work is more important. i'm sure lots of dads feel this way but luckily, my wife doesn't complain when i take almost a whole day to go ride on my days off....i think she understand the "bug" for riding that noah and i have.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hey on the Helmet note, try an xxs vigor vamoose2, they fit well, vent well, seatbelt buckle type retention, and are not bad at all on weight

You know i was just playing when i said that about the FF helm right???

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
DirtyMike said:
You know i was just playing when i said that about the FF helm right???
oh..is ok, i get it all the time. he's smacked his head straight down so many times that i'm amazed he still has a nose. i really want him to wear one...i'm going to check out a pryme dealer to see if their helmets will work.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Dude Noah rocks..................that's so awesome to see that.

I can't wait for Lil Andyman (the other Noah on here.......I think there's like 3 or 4) to get into that.

Way too many dads don't really get involved with their kids, it's awesome to see one really share an activity together rather than just blob out in front of the TV or something...........:thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i have the same helmet from 3 seasons ago. i think it was the vamoose II, loved it but had to replace it with a specialized deviant :thumb: i wish specialized would make that helmet in itty-bitty size, it would be perfect!