Quantcast

for the love of god...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Please get rid of this side bar add crap. I mean i understand we are trying to get some funding here, but it making the site look like crap, i dont even want to look for threads because of it...

Also, dont everyone start the "be a premium member" stuff. I think there are a ton of people viewing who are currently not premium members and never will be that this add crap is going to drive away...

Cmon RM...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I'm not premium member (I gave my forum money to Tama at Vorb instead), I still don't see the sidebar.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
syadasti said:
I'm not premium member (I gave my forum money to Tama at Vorb instead), I still don't see the sidebar.
I gave my money to bikejournal.com (they are based in Illinois (self edited poor taste))

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Edit: Just don't use that view, use "new posts" view only.

No sidebar in that view.

Probably bad to point this out :dead:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Please get rid of this side bar add crap. I mean i understand we are trying to get some funding here, but it making the site look like crap, i dont even want to look for threads because of it...

Also, dont everyone start the "be a premium member" stuff. I think there are a ton of people viewing who are currently not premium members and never will be that this add crap is going to drive away...

Cmon RM...
God is capitalized. Safari handles the site nicely. Quit whining.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Looks like I have them too now, thats odd.

Time to load some extensions or work on my host file...

edit: that was easy, its gone

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
manhattanprjkt83 said:

Cmon RM...
You average almost 4 posts a day, which means you spend at least 20 minutes. $20/(20*365)=.3 cents for every minute you spend on RM, less than six cents a day.

In comparison, the average male spends just 2 minutes each day looking at Playboy's premium content, which costs $25 a month or $150 a year. So $150/(2*365)=20 cents a minute.

BTW, the average teenage male will spend 8-10 minutes looking at Playboy, in 8-10 sessions a day!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Man I haven't looked at anything from Playboy in over a decade, I am amazed they are still in business

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MunkeeHucker said:
Man I haven't looked at anything from Playboy in over a decade, I am amazed they are still in business
Yeah, once you get hooked on that German and Japanese fetish stuff, it's hard to go backwards huh?

:think: :rofl:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Opeth said:
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

There is a simple answer, pay the $$$ to get a premium membership.
This site should not survive based on the ammount of premium memberships bought...

The top bar is fine whatever, just dont mess with the horizontal part...

And those of you talking about other browsers and os'sI am at work on a IE only machine, we have to use it for a bunch of apps we run...so that is not an option...

I would bet many other monkeys are in the same postition...

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
manhattanprjkt83 said:

Cmon RM...
Give me a break. Most people haven't even noticed the new ads, they use up space that would otherwise just be blank, and there are still fewer ads on this site than there are on most.

On top of all that for $1.66/month you wouldn't have to deal with it at all.

It's 120 pixels on the side of some pages, get over it or tell me where I should redirect the hosting bill.

:nopity:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
manhattanprjkt83 said:
And those of you talking about other browsers and os'sI am at work on a IE only machine, we have to use it for a bunch of apps we run...so that is not an option...
IE and all other browsers work with Admuncher. I've never used it, but I heard its pretty good.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Ridemonkey said:
Give me a break. Most people haven't even noticed the new ads, they use up space that would otherwise just be blank, and there are still fewer ads on this site than there are on most.

On top of all that for $1.66/month you wouldn't have to deal with it at all.

It's 120 pixels on the side of some pages, get over it or tell me where I should redirect the hosting bill.

:nopity:
I wouldn't have noticed them accept for those friggin talking smilies....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, I brought up my other browser, Internet Exploiter, and took a look. I barely noticed it. It reminds me of cyclingnews.com, which I also do not notice the ads.

However, Ridemonkey, if you can keep these ads cycling-related, or at least not too obnoxious, I am sure the "non-paying" members would appreciate it.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
sanjuro said:
However, Ridemonkey, if you can keep these ads cycling-related, or at least not too obnoxious, I am sure the "non-paying" members would appreciate it.
I'd like to, and I'm moving towards that with private advertisers, but I don't have much say when it comes to the ad networks. Ideally I'd replace them with private mtb advertisers, but I just don't have the sales resources to make that happen at the moment. Soon I hope.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
It took me all of about 15 minutes to get used to the new ad bar. It annoyed me at first, but I don't mind it now. And it waaaaaay better than pop-up ads.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I'm not saying that the premium membership is expensive or not worth it, im just saying that some of these adds are taking away from RM...Esp the smiley ones...

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I'm not saying that the premium membership is expensive or not worth it, im just saying that some of these adds are taking away from RM...Esp the smiley ones...
yeppers thats about how I feel about it...

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
manhattanprjkt83 said:
They're a necessary evil.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
stoney98 said:
Then just pay the f'in $20!
You practically live here. Help keep it around!
Aaron and Gecko and gone WAY out of their way to keep this thing going. Help them out for once!
:thumb: That brought a tear to my eye :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jesus... Seriously, guys, most large forums have a lot of ads to support it. If the ads are detrimental to your Ridemonkey experience, it's only because you spend so much time on here that you have to load them and look through them constantly. So frickin' buy a membership - I'm sure most of you piss away $20 on fast food or other silly expenses on a nearly weekly basis.

manhattanprjkt83, you own two bikes that are worth several thousand dollars each, you are starting threads about whether you should buy an Audi or a BMW, and yet you're whining about something that a $20 fee will make go away completely.

Anyone else see that as a bit silly?