Quantcast

for the love of god...

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I never payed much attention to the ads untill now..Napster is free again..?????.I can get music there .??...I know I am probably a little behind on this stuff but what gives .??

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
By the way, for anyone who just can't bear the new ads I've added the link to the premium membership page in the footer.

It's the cost of a coffee a month, and it really helps out with rising server costs.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I never complain about this place.
I get alot out of it, and its free.
The classifieds are great, and I have always liked the layout at RM.
So, if something does annoy me, I ignore it.
I don't mind the few pop up ads that I get here, and I don't care where you place any of the ads. Across the top, down the side, whatever you need to do to fund the place.
And in all honestly, I need to go ahead and become a premium member just on the basis of how valuable RM is to me.

That said, the Smiley ads are seriously from the deep basement of hell. The Devil himself and Joan Rivers must have worked REALLY close on this project to make it that annoying. If we could just get these Smiley ads in Bin Laden's cave he would run full speed to the nearest marine and begged to be spared.
Sure, there are ways to get around it, turn your speakers down, rip out your eardrums with a screwdriver etc...but these things must be stopped. Somehow, someway.:)

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
sanjuro said:
However, Ridemonkey, if you can keep these ads cycling-related, or at least not too obnoxious, I am sure the "non-paying" members would appreciate it.
Support from the bike industry? LOL! You should be a comedian!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
A tech forum I frequent is currently soliciting 100k in donations for a new server cluster. I think they are about half way there. Could you imagine trying to collect even 10% of that amount from this crew? LOL!

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Ridemonkey said:
They have the exact same ad layout in their forums. :rolleyes:

Yeah i always hated mtbr because of that sidebar... Makes it harder to to the stealth surfing thing ;)

Not a fan of sidebars anywhere. at least the background is not pink or yellow. That's good !

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Jeremy R said:
That said, the Smiley ads are seriously from the deep basement of hell. The Devil himself and Joan Rivers must have worked REALLY close on this project to make it that annoying. If we could just get these Smiley ads in Bin Laden's cave he would run full speed to the nearest marine and begged to be spared.
Sure, there are ways to get around it, turn your speakers down, rip out your eardrums with a screwdriver etc...but these things must be stopped. Somehow, someway.:)
One of the great posts in recent history.

BTW, the Devil coordinated with Joan Rivers AND Gilbert Gottfried to create those ads.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Poem:

Ridemonkey's free.

Complaining is weak.

Pay the damn fee,

or shut your vagina.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Mani_UT said:
Yeah i always hated mtbr because of that sidebar... Makes it harder to to the stealth surfing thing ;)

Not a fan of sidebars anywhere. at least the background is not pink or yellow. That's good !
Best post yet, it makes the stealth thing near impossible...

They guys that run this site know sidebars suck, they have great websites of their own...They are doing what they need to to pay the bills...

im just saying it sucks...:nopity: