Quantcast

For the mechanically oriented. some help in analyzing damage in the skyline GTR

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hello, i came up this r33 skyline gtr in lima, peru. a bit of a freaky story. the owner fell from a road into a clay tennis court in a club 4meters downstairs.. broke the front end. the rear is fine. i know they are very rare in the US, and some of you guys must know a few things about whether i should go for it or not. i dont know many people here who knows much about this cars.

i´ve superficially estimated the cost of broken parts to at least around 6-7 thousand bucks, plus labor and $hit. that is, assuming the internals of the engine are fine, and suspension, steering and that is OK. and that i can get a cheap peruvian custom made intercooler, fiberglass bumper, and all simple those thinks that can be copied. like if the rbde26tt is messed, then no way, its gone.

apart from the obvious.

intercooler gone
radiator, almost gone
hole in the oil sump

block seems to be fine, i dont know about the internals. turbos are ok, speed limiter was never taken off.

i´ve always wanted a gtr. there are only 3 in peru, and this one is for sale now.
400hp, nismo everything, brembo, adjustable suspension, etc, etc. I would like to buy the car, but am not crazy about it either.

like i would buy the problem if its worth, but i wont buy a messy headache either.

anyone mechanically oriented who knows about skyliens can give me an opinion? is it worth? pos?? maybe???

for reference, there are no parts for this car in the country, i would have to buy everything in japan or UK. add 50% for taxes and shipping.

i got more pics and a video. the fat guy is an american guy who came to Lima to buy the car, i think left-hand-drive skylines gtr are very rare and expensive in the US. and somebody here must know something about them.

we both are very interested in the car, and probably one of us will buy it.

EDIT: i forgot to upload the pic. what do you tihink?? fixable? pos?? there is a hole in the sump btw.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I wouldn't be too concerned with the engine parts etc. I have a feeling that the frame is bent, and once that has been bent, it will NEVER drive right again. Even if its been straightened. Not worth it.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
pull the engine and swap it into a 240sx. I would be really surprised if the frame was not bent. It looks like the shock towers are out of alignment just looking at the brace in the pic.

would you do the swap yourself? The only problem I see with a swap is that you have no resources in Peru if you run into a glitch. I am from Venezuela and I know that our mechanics are good at getting an 18 wheeler back on the road with limited tools, but to diagnose a glitch on a Japanese only, twin turbo engine is something out of their realm.

Lastly the parts would cost you an arm and a leg and a downhill bikex20....