Quantcast

For the moto hunnies....new toy!

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
205
0
SD Cali
Very nice! However, I do think you need to buy a street bike and come ride with me. Or maybe I need to get a dirt bike again...I'm getting the bug to start to ride on dirt again! :)

Me and my new toy...
 

Attachments

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
Wow, why did I automatically think that this thread was going to have something to do with vibrators? I've been in the lounge too much and now my mind is set in the gutter! Of course, we have more taste and class around here ;)
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
OCDH said:
I know that I don't post much here anymore, but I thought all you moto chicks would appreciate the newest addition to my garage:




Cheers,

H
Nice bike! I really like the classic Yamaha yellow. Getting new toys is always fun, but it sucks when you have to head out to work on Monday...
 

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
4,625
0
Lynnwood, WA
Velocity Girl said:
Very cool! New toys are so much fun. So what cc? 2 or 4? (Sorry, this quad gal doesn't know her two wheeled machines ;) )
It is a 4 stroke for sure, and I am guessing it is the 450cc I can't remember if the 250cc comes in the yellow option. :think:

Nice bike thought....is there a jealousy smilie?:drool: :thumb:
 

OCDH

Chimp
Feb 5, 2002
51
0
Orange County, CA
dhjill said:
Very nice! However, I do think you need to buy a street bike and come ride with me. Or maybe I need to get a dirt bike again...I'm getting the bug to start to ride on dirt again! :)

Me and my new toy...

Awesome street bike Jill! I am seriously thinking about gettin an R6, but between MTB, moto, and life I don't know when I would have time to ride it!

If your getting the dirt bug again, I still have my '03 250f - It's getting all new plastics and graphics this week so it will look all pretty again;) hint hint......
 

OCDH

Chimp
Feb 5, 2002
51
0
Orange County, CA
RhinofromWA said:
It is a 4 stroke for sure, and I am guessing it is the 450cc I can't remember if the 250cc comes in the yellow option. :think:

Nice bike thought....is there a jealousy smilie?:drool: :thumb:
Yup its a thumper (4stroke), but no way in h#ll is it a 450! I love riding, but I gotta go to work on Monday..... the 250f is way more than I will ever need.

Riding moto and mtb are great cross training for each other. The only problem is when you look for the throttle while pedaling or try to throw the moto around a corner.....oh, and the whole front brake issue can be confusing when you go back and forth......

Still, gotta love em both:thumb:
 

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
4,625
0
Lynnwood, WA
OCDH said:
Yup its a thumper (4stroke), but no way in h#ll is it a 450! I love riding, but I gotta go to work on Monday..... the 250f is way more than I will ever need.

Riding moto and mtb are great cross training for each other. The only problem is when you look for the throttle while pedaling or try to throw the moto around a corner.....oh, and the whole front brake issue can be confusing when you go back and forth......

Still, gotta love em both:thumb:
Cool. I didn't know they sold the 250F with the yellow plastic. :thumb: I agree the 450Fs are brutal, but guys always want the big toys. A buddy of mine is going to let me try out his Husky 450 this weekend. They are BLOWING them out up here...

$4,200 out the door, brand new. :eek: This is for left overs ('04s I think) I know atleast 5 guys who have Husky's thru this local shop....but I still don't know. I am nervous about owning a Husky....:o: Old reputations die hard. :D

As far as the front brake thing.... I never have trouble on a moto. Because my brain is fused with the clutch/left hand circuit for me. :D It is not even an after thought. MTB has always been more confusing....but I tend to switch back and forth with my MTB. I actually liked it better when my Fr brake was on the left on my MTB....but I went "moto" style on my Dh bike and was always confusing them....

at THE WORST possible time. :D
 

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
1,808
1
Wow, nice bikes ladies! Jill, I didn't know you had gotten such a monster street bike! Do you still have the cafe racer?? And OCDH, I just picked up a 250 myself (it's red though). Are you tall enough to ride one stock? I had to lower mine, being midgetly and all!
 

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
205
0
SD Cali
OCDH said:
Awesome street bike Jill! I am seriously thinking about gettin an R6, but between MTB, moto, and life I don't know when I would have time to ride it!

If your getting the dirt bug again, I still have my '03 250f - It's getting all new plastics and graphics this week so it will look all pretty again;) hint hint......
Hmmm...you'll have to e-mail me and let me know what you want for it. You'll also have to fill me in on what's been happening with you and your work situation...ya know? ;)
 

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
205
0
SD Cali
DH Diva said:
Wow, nice bikes ladies! Jill, I didn't know you had gotten such a monster street bike! Do you still have the cafe racer?? And OCDH, I just picked up a 250 myself (it's red though). Are you tall enough to ride one stock? I had to lower mine, being midgetly and all!
Yeah, I still have the cafe. I love that little bike, but if I end up getting a dirt bike again, it will have to go for sure. :(