Quantcast

For those in Murica - how many states have you ridden in?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Would need to actually count them.

Edit: Around 30 states plus 4 provinces.

View attachment 188532
while I'd like to ride in moar places, I definitely want to ride with more of YOU idiots this year! :thumb:
If the trip goes ahead, we're driving across to Virginia for a race and I'd penciled this as a leg stretch for toward the end of the second day of driving, likely mid-afternoon on a Friday. Not sure where you are in the state, but welcome to join if it's somehow close :D edit: 270 miles away suggests not close :(
you people all need some cackalacka goodness in your lives

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Before the plague hit, I had wanted to do a loop up through there. V and I were thinking about a two week trip in June. I tend to head south since she lives in the Bronx, but...
It's worth going up there. The riding is great. Lots of spots to ride, tons of terrain and as technical as you want.

Just don't forget your wallet.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Last fall’s road trip brought the total up to 22 states I’ve ridden in. I counted riding my road bike from one side of Iowa to the other, but did not count pedaling rental bikes around Boston.

Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and North Carolina for countries asides of ‘Merica.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For sure: CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, UT, CO, VT, WV, NY, GA

Pretty sure: AZ, NM, TN

Also BC in Cannuckistan.

Pretty much every Western and Southwestern state, and where there as a National or Collegiate national between 2000-2004.

If we're counting since birth? That's going to be a lot more, since I had a bike with me when we drove around the country every summer when I was a kid.

Not as many as I probably should have. 8 states and 2 provinces, off the top of my head.
Everest outweighs pretty much everything re: adventurous.

... aside from rowing races
Time out. There ain't many of us that have rowed. Do tell? Timeline? School?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Only did the trek to base camp, the whole mountain is far beyond my means or desires. The permit fee alone was $30K and that was 10 years ago, nevermind the remainder of the expedition.
That is awesome!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That is awesome!

Pictures are all gone now, sadly. Some day I'll find the time to renew all the links.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Even though I'm Canuckistani, I wanna add my pathetic tally to the list.

Florida
Tennessee
New York
Massachusetts
West Virginia

Ontario
Quebec
British Columbia

That's a pretty shitty list for 53 years of riding foot cycles in the dirt.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How did you miss that? It was the most epic post ever achieved on RM.
I was in NY with kid 1 3 months old at the time and apparently was taking a break from RM :D

edit: wrong year. I would have been studying for boards and Mariko wasn't born (but maybe was conceived around then heh). And not riding then either.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Time out. There ain't many of us that have rowed. Do tell? Timeline? School?
I was racing boats from 2006-2008. I joined the mens team at WSU because I was getting sober in college and had all sorts of free time and energy to burn. We are a sport-club so we did all the fund raising and had no school assistance aside from van usage and they gave us a raquetball court to erg in.

Aside from winning a 2k dual with our local rivals - Gonzaga, one of the funnest races I was in, we won a petite final at the SDCC. Its even on the webz...

I was 5 seat