Quantcast

For those of us not racing this weekend......

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
...are there any rides planned anywhere? I was thinking of a fun morning at Pocahontas State park of Poor Farm......I'm up for suggestions.....

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I was going to reply with a basic ride I'm doing, but then realized there are three different races I'd like to be doing this weekend and have to pick one.

Douthat XC
Lodi Farms 12 hour
Duryea DH

Maybe just pick one of those and ride it for the hell of it?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I plan on drinking loads Tequila since it's cinco de mayo and throwing up.

DDDUUUUUUDDDDDDEEEEEEEEE!

Well, if anyone is interested, I have an impromptu ride planned at Pocahontas State park. I have offered to take a few of the folks in the spin classes I take for a bit of a casual ride...

if interested, meeting in the parking lot in the park at 10:00ish

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I was going to reply with a basic ride I'm doing, but then realized there are three different races I'd like to be doing this weekend and have to pick one.

Douthat XC
Lodi Farms 12 hour
Duryea DH

Maybe just pick one of those and ride it for the hell of it?
another race very close to you is the first race in the Michaux endurance series....the 50 miler is going to be a Brute.

http://www.racemichaux.com/

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
another race very close to you is the first race in the Michaux endurance series....the 50 miler is going to be a Brute.

http://www.racemichaux.com/
Yeah, forgot about that one when I posted. Guess I need to actually PRINT out my race schedule instead of relying on memory.

With that thrown into the mix for this weekend, I now have to consider one more option as I was planning on doing that whole series.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Yeah, forgot about that one when I posted. Guess I need to actually PRINT out my race schedule instead of relying on memory.

With that thrown into the mix for this weekend, I now have to consider one more option as I was planning on doing that whole series.
The trails are in great shape......they did some work on a couple of the new trails from last year. Should be fantastic.....i'm going to try and do all 3 too. This first one will is my first endurance type event.......will learn alot i'm sure.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
DDDUUUUUUDDDDDDEEEEEEEEE!

Well, if anyone is interested, I have an impromptu ride planned at Pocahontas State park. I have offered to take a few of the folks in the spin classes I take for a bit of a casual ride...

if interested, meeting in the parking lot in the park at 10:00ish

Just make sure you show em who's boss! :pirate2:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Just make sure you show em who's boss! :pirate2:

Actually, I did.....Spin classes have paid off. I ain't the fastest that ever was, BUT, I did 8 miles at a steady pace with no breathing issues or losing my legs. That may not mean much to many people, but, for me, was a HUGE accomplishment, a personal victory...a great fun ride with a couple of friends...