Quantcast

For those who doubted I would do it.....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I know it's just the laundry room, but GAWD - that carpet is awful.

:blah:

Good luck!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
That's funny right there Ralph!! :rofl:

Yeah that's the same POS Whirlpool washer that I just tossed in the dump. The switch in mine broke just like your picture so the lid actuator couldn't touch it. It ran for six months after I fixed it and the transmission died with a very loud gear grinding noise (which you didn't mention) and it wouldn't spin anymore. I could never get mine to level itself and it would jump around the laundry room and I guess that eventually killed the tranny.

I replaced it with a Maytag with a belt drive and the self leveling mechanism works on it.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=218746-99-MAVT546EWW&lpage=none

Mike

J

JRB

I knew it was the pump. :thumb:

Good job, MBC. Now go kick Phil in the nuts and call it a job well done.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
MtnBikerChk said:
I cracked open the washer tonite. And I can tell you it's NOT the coupler or the switch. Beyond that, I can't see anything wrong which means its the the motor or the pump - or both!

Here's the machine with the top off:

One more Electricalpart to check before getting a pump and motor...... Need to check out the Timer switch. Most likely the switch is no longer telling the motor when to operate so the pump can drain it. Thats teh one you turn to turn it on. If tis a timer switch, they can run anywhere from 50 bucks to 300. That coupler there is looks just like the one on a Lightning truck Blower..

DirtyMike said:
One more Electricalpart to check before getting a pump and motor...... Need to check out the Timer switch. Most likely the switch is no longer telling the motor when to operate so the pump can drain it. Thats teh one you turn to turn it on. If tis a timer switch, they can run anywhere from 50 bucks to 300. That coupler there is looks just like the one on a Lightning truck Blower..
tooooo late!! Lowes is coming today with the new one and I'm telling them to take the old one away!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
MtnBikerChk said:
that was actually tougher than taking it apart!! I couldn't get the front back on nicely. :oink:
Its ALWAYS easier to take somthing apart than it is to put it back together!

So in taking the washer apart, what were you hoping to accomplish? finding and replacing the non working parts?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
wow, i have never seen carpet in a laundry room before. that seems so strange.

and what's up with cats "hiding" stuff under appliances, only to never be able to "find" them? Layla does the same thing...and whines for hours until Mandi or i dig ______ out from under the fridge.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I Are Baboon said:
Here's my idea of fixing something: REPLACE IT. :)

look at all those lights and buttons. my washer has two knobs. TWO!!!!!!!

I can't wait to have my own house, with my own appliances.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
FWIW, the appliance guy I usually deal with for Miele stuff gave high marks to the Whirlpool Duet washer.

I'll drink to many appliance headache free years for you.
...and to tearing the hell out of the old one to see what the hell....nice work!

Also, if this is a rental place then disregard but a college roomate and I had that same reasoning about the carpet we put in our dorm room....It worked great until we discovered that you also have to not care about what's growing under it.