07 Feng Shui
08 Just A Thought
09 Transformer
10 Who Cares?
11 On-Line
12 Necromancer
13 Storm Coming
14 The Last Time

Haven't heard this, but sounds like too odd and interesting a combo to pass up. I think it comes out around May 9th or so. It's been in the works for over a year, and obviously the production will be nice.

Kool Keith aka Mr Nogatco "Nogatco Rd"

Who knows if this will be dope, but supposedly it's gonna be on his old Dr Octagon tip (nogatco backwards) so that's dope. A friend of mine said it kinda has some rza style kung fu tracks...regardless, it'll be some weird, space rap, type stuff, but might be dope.

Revolutionary hip-hop crew, The Coup, comes back with one of the most anticipated albums of 2006 - the aptly titled Pick A Bigger Weapon. Black Thought and Kweli are among some of the guests...if you haven't heard of these fellas, they are a two man group from the yay area (oakland) and make some refreshing, almost Gift of Gab type rap. Their other album Party Music is some fun sh*t.

And probably my most anticipated release this year, People Under The Stairs - Stepfather. No need to explain this, dope god damn album.

http://www.myspace.com/peopleunderthestairs

"If you’ve never heard of People Under the Stairs, let this be your formal introduction. Made up of Mike Turner and Chris Portugal (aka Double K and Thes One), PUTS has been putting their own stamp on hip-hop since 1998. Lucky for you, they’re still going strong and are pleased to offer their latest album, Stepfather.

As any hip-hop album, Stepfather has its quota of party tracks. Thankfully, these take the backseat to more thoughtful songs. On one of these, “Days Like This,” you’ll be wiping away the tears and calling up your parents to apologize for that thing you said after listening to PUTS thank the women and men in their lives who sacrificed everything to help Double K and Thes One become something.

To keep Stepfather fresh, PUTS sprinkles in a variety of sounds throughout the album, including some old-school drum machines that belong to the world of Atari or your favorite indie band. As an added incentive to check out PUTS, Stepfather includes a guest appearance by the one, the only and the painfully wacky George Clinton.

Finally…Whether talking about their love for food, their musical influences or their own efforts at becoming good enough men to deserve good women, PUTS has something to say. And don’t worry – if this doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, don’t feel bad. As PUTS aptly states in “Pass the 40,” “I only expect some of you to get this.”

And RJD2 and Blueprint are teaming up for another album, called Things Go Better Wtih RJ and AL...They are called Soul Position, their first album was real nice, so this one should be too. Blueprint's 1988 Lp last year was probably one of the dopest albums over the last few years.
A post from another site......

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
danger mouse rocks. PUTS and RJD2, good sh!t man......
Kool Kieth.........? Hmmmmmm I guess I can forgive 'im for the Mathew cd.......

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Personally I like stuff like Ugly Duckling & The Streets. But I will have to give those a spin though and see what's up.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Tenchiro said:
Personally I like stuff like Ugly Duckling & The Streets. But I will have to give those a spin though and see what's up.
If you like Ugly Duckling, I can promise you will like PUTS.
Now, Kool Keith is a different story.
There is the underground sound and then there is that abstract mess.
Some people really dig him though.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I like Lexicon, Styles of Beyond, Sweatshop Union, Swollen Members. What else would I like? I haven't heard those, but I will.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I heard a Gnarls Barkley song, it was actually pretty damn good.

One of the guys from Goody Mob was singing. (anyone remember Goody Mob?)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Jeremy R said:
I like Styles of Beyond as well.
I did hear something good that sounds like them.
I think it was Binary Star.
I listened to Binary Star - The genre was world and it sounded wierd, not like sob. I need to get a Jurrasic 5 cd. "What's Golden" is such a good song, as is "A Day At The Races".

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

Hmm...

I didn't know that that they used Ikea glasses at the Korova Milkbar...