Quantcast

Forbes' Top 5 Cities Where Americans are Relocating

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
1-4 would work for me, I don't see much of a compelling argument as a rider for #5--although Pappadeux (not sure how it is spelled) has some damn good seafood.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just because more people are living there doesn't make it a good place to live. Besides, 'merican's aren't exactly known for making intelligent decisions.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Raleigh, NC......everyone still has this fantasy about living in Mayberry. It's home to all of the Yankees that want to remake Jersey, but with warmer temperatures. :panic:

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
You would have to pay me quite a bit to move to Dallas, but Austin is an awesome city. For everybody that bashes Texas and hasn't spent any amount of time there, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You would have to pay me quite a bit to move to Dallas, but Austin is an awesome city. For everybody that bashes Texas and hasn't spent any amount of time there, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Austin is a nice town but it is still hotter than balls in a plastic track suit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Raleigh, NC......everyone still has this fantasy about living in Mayberry. It's home to all of the Yankees that want to remake Jersey, but with warmer temperatures. :panic:
It's not just Raleigh, but the entire state.

If I wanted to be around a bunch of rude ass mutherfvckers I'd move to Philly.

Down here, politeness still means something.

I remember a conversation I overheard by some folks from the Boston area. They went on and on about how they couldn't stand the way mountain folk were with their saying hello, funny accents, calling women " May-em ". They had nothing positive to say about the locals yet were hell bent on buying property and moving there.

NC gets ruder every day. Quit moving here !

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
For everybody that bashes Texas and hasn't spent any amount of time there, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
I might visit some day, but I have never had a reason to consider Texas based on the stories I've heard.

Westy also makes a good point.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would e-bitchslap you if you moved.
I have been considering a move to southern or eastern Oregon for a change in weather. But I don't foresee myself outside of Oregon except to visit.

Having been to GFF's pad out east, it's tough to leave because it's so damn nice. Although he has a standard of living I couldn't support without a job, so until I hit the lottery, I'm sort of stuck where my job is.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
If I don't like Denver when I move there in August I am going to move back here and become the world's fattest man.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They list Portland as the #6 fittest. Obviously they didn't come to town around Rose Fest (next week!). There are some damn fat people in Portland.
yeah, i wouldn't say portlanders are fit, but rather are content. :D and not southern style huge-ass, at least.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
They list Portland as the #6 fittest. Obviously they didn't come to town around Rose Fest (next week!). There are some damn fat people in Portland.
You should see Salem...I'm glad no Oregon cities made it in the top 5 places people are moving, the less ppl the better

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My companies corporate headquarters are in Plano, Texas - just outside of Dallas. I have been to corporate once - I was picked up at the airport and driven everywhere I needed to go. I thought this was way over the top but was informed that too many past visitors got lost in Dallas - it's actually cheaper to provide a driver. :)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
no kidding.....keep your dirty yankee butt up north...or in Florida where you belong! i like my large yard and hospitable neighbors, more yanks just means more apartment buildings and townhomes which severely limit my ability to avoid city folk at all costs. just 'cause you've realized that living amongst millions of people in a huge city is the suck doesn't mean you can move here! :panic:

does anyone else have to fight the urge to falcon punch anyone with a thick NJ accent?...or is it just me?