Quantcast

force awakens Friday gfmt

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning people of the internets. There are 7 days left until Christmas and for me just one more party to endure, I can only smile and make small talk about bbq meatballs for 2 hours before I turn into an ass hole..

In othe news, the snow here is awesome, I rode a paved trail with 5 inches of snow last night and performed very poorly. I doubt I covered for 5 miles.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Take it to the the D&D forum, noobs.

Dr appt, some festivus shopping with the Mrs and getting my bike dialed for a NH day trip saturday.
Should probably head over and pull the batteries from the boat before winter arrives as well.
New 6P phone should arrive today, going to give Fi a shot as ATT can suckle my yam bag.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, all you little Christmas miracles. My staff wants to skip this afternoon's office holiday party so they can work, and I am fine with that. That means I skip the party too and I'll get to answer all the questions from senior management so to why we weren't there. Whatevs.

2600 yard swim before work today. I got tired.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I miss my DH bike. a lot. Maybe I can convince at least one of my buddies to get one too so's I can have somebody to ride with. Riding DH alone is not as much fun.

Kid's Christmas concert is today. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. I think the last time I was in a church was at his concert last year! Which is a good thing - it means no death's and no weddings. I like it!

Still haven't finished (or started) my holiday shopping. sucks.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Last day of work til 1/7. Shipping off to Costa Rica tomorrow for some surfing, jungle exploration, and adding another destination to my worldwide bang list. Motivation is understandably low.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Holiday potluck with friends last night. Stuffed myself and delicious food and drink—slept like a fat, farting dog.

I made a side dish: Brussels sprouts, red onion, and garlic all skillet cooked in bacon drippings, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar then tossed with bacon and Gorgonzola. So good. Very proud of my contribution thank you very much.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Friday!

I love Fridays. And not just because it signals two days of bong sheds, bike riding and other miscellaneous activities; but because there is no traffic on the way in to work.

On that note, I plan on riding all weekend. As in, I am picking up a bigger hydration pack tonight so that I can fit a hoodie AND lunch into it. That's currently not possible with my current one.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
An old friend will be passing through town next week for holiday travel. Has asked to visit, would love to see him but I think that implies he and his family staying over. Would it be a dick move to tell him he can't stay? He has 3 young children. Not only do I not have sufficient sleeping arrangements for young children, my home is not child friendly. I know his kids, unless I completely reorganized my house, one of his kids would get crushed/electrocuted/cut/maimed within minutes of arrival.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
An old friend will be passing through town next week for holiday travel. Has asked to visit, would love to see him but I think that implies he and his family staying over. Would it be a dick move to tell him he can't stay? He has 3 young children. Not only do I not have sufficient sleeping arrangements for young children, my home is not child friendly. I know his kids, unless I completely reorganized my house, one of his kids would get crushed/electrocuted/cut/maimed within minutes of arrival.
Survival of the fittest. Just consider it your contribution to the ongoing evolution of mankind.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC just secured Star Wars tickets for 10:00 Sunday morning in the reserved, soft, reclining seats at the swanky theater. $5.50 a piece and they are decent seats. Glad she checked because the extra shows were just added. Heh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Survival of the fittest. Just consider it your contribution to the ongoing evolution of mankind.
If it weren't for potential lawsuits I'd show them how to use the welder and table saw. Angle grinder with a wire wheel is also a good one for kids. Instant acupuncture.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am basically avoiding the internet for the next 4 days until my parents are here and can watch it at the theater. I am only coming here because I trust that you guys aren't assholes.

Otherwise, work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am basically avoiding the internet for the next 4 days until my parents are here and can watch it at the theater. I am only coming here because I trust that you guys aren't assholes.

Otherwise, work.
Han Solo comes out of the closet and has an open inter-species homosexual relationship with Chewbacca.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
We never child-proofed our house and I didn't expect others to when we visited back when the boys were young.
If you can deal with the guests I'd just invite them with the caveat that they need to control the ticks to avoid bodily harm.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just ask him. Tell him that the house is in no way safe for anything shy of an adult, but you would love to meet him for dinner.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am not planning on watching Star Wars in the theater. Only movie I went out to see this year was Mad Max: Fury Road… twice.

In other news, my baby is 8 months old and thus is more interested in eating stickers than having them plastered across her belly. Must be a milestone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Barf accidentally blows up a giant Imperial war ship by pissing down a critical cooling vent for the engines

Lando Calrissian is killed by a cop when he wandered through a rich neighborhood

Sounds still somehow travels through the vaccum of space

Storm troopers still can't hit shit with their fancy guns.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On the topic of Star Wars, here is a random tidbit of info. There is a guy here at my work, who sold all of his Star Wars Lego sets and purchased a BMW z4.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm torn... Somebody quoted me in the Star Wars thread, so I want to see it. But it's in the Star Wars thread, so I don't dare go in it. Damn you Catch22!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

8 mile run completed, and did not freeze to death. Coffee in hand. Some chores to complete but not much else going on.

going to give Fi a shot
I could not be happier. My only issue has been getting any sort of service in the hangar, since it's basically a giant tinfoil hat, not much in the way of signal gets in, though this is an issue with every carrier, not just Fi. But all I have to do with Fi is log into google on a computer and I get all my texts and phone calls via Hangouts.

:stupid:
Due to my schedule and the wife's, we're on hold till Wednesday.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I could not be happier. But all I have to do with Fi is log into google on a computer and I get all my texts and phone calls via Hangouts.
Good to hear.
My tech noob ass needs to figure out hangouts and google in general.
Moving email, phone, cloud....basically everything over to them now.

The Tmobile family plans are crazy right now and beat the Fi rates, but I'm going to check out service on Tmobile via Fi before switching the others and maybe myself over.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The Tmobile family plans are crazy right now and beat the Fi rates
Might depend on how much data you use. My bill with Fi for Nov was $20.87 because I got money back from Oct. My wifes bill was similar. The t-mobile family plans are really good right now, but not that good. Plus, we do enough traveling to make the international rates with Fi pretty attractive. I will also say that the two times I have had to contact support, it's been nothing short of amazing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
On the topic of Star Wars, here is a random tidbit of info. There is a guy here at my work, who sold all of his Star Wars Lego sets and purchased a BMW z4.
Is he a lesbian?

On another note, I just left my son's school's Christmas concert. (after his song) he did not the even move his lips once... I got a nice close up video of him doing nothing.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Stopped by work yesterday to see how the pellet mill is surviving without me. They are keeping it alive, but my job is secure! I need to get back on my feet.