Quantcast

Ford Pickup Fastback Cap

Would you buy one? Are they niche or think they will last?

• Would Bang

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Wouldn't Bang

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Niche

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Will stick around.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
I'm thinking it might look alright on trophy trucks (real ones, not Raptors, no offense to Raptor owners).

But...

The linked article said:
....and it starts at $3,995.
Not for me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Amy's Ford F-150 is a quite capable and fun vehicle. I would like one. It get 20mpg. Pulls a trailer. Parts are cheap... I drove it off the road during a storm, over a ditch, through a yard, jumped the driveway sideways and came to rest in their side yard. No fucks given. Got the heart rate down and drove home safely...

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
My friend Amy's Ford F-150 is a quite capable and fun vehicle. I would like one. It get 20mpg. Pulls a trailer. Parts are cheap... I drove it off the road during a storm, over a ditch, through a yard, jumped the driveway sideways and came to rest in their side yard. No fucks given. Got the heart rate down and drove home safely...
Yeah, but did you spill yer beer.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And does she know you did that with her truck?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I would love an aero cap if I had to drive a truck around all day. Then again, if you buy a truck, you had better be filling it with stuff like bikes and 50 bags of manure, otherwise you should have bought a small sedan or wagon. You can't haul 75 bags of manure with one of these, I bet. Then again, this is 'murica, so you need to buy the biggest F350 you can, then drive the kids to school, then complain about gas prices/mileage.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I would love an aero cap if I had to drive a truck around all day. Then again, if you buy a truck, you had better be filling it with stuff like bikes and 50 bags of manure, otherwise you should have bought a small sedan or wagon. You can't haul 75 bags of manure with one of these, I bet. Then again, this is 'murica, so you need to buy the biggest F350 you can, then drive the kids to school, then complain about gas prices/mileage.
America fuck yeah!

Not really worse than the slat back SUVs everyone drives.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
From some angles it I think it looks pretty okay to neat, reminds me of the lines of some desert race trucks. But at other angles it looks silly, IMNSHO. I think it’ll catch on in some markets for some buyers for sure. I also think it’ll be a fad, like certain colors on vehicles has been. I do, however, appreciate that the creators have this “fuck it, we think it’s cool so we’re gonna make it” attitude. No Kickstarter bullshit, no market research, just “Fuck yeah!” And they went all in. Strong work.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Functionally, I think it’s less limited than a tonneau cover. More room. One could still chuck bikes in there upright: put fork mounts at the front of the bed and have bikes in forward, covered by the topper. Not as good as Grampa’s topper though, which is how I roll. I don’t like the louvers, but whatever. I mean, I wouldn’t hoon any of that nonsense, TBH.

It definitely looks different on a Raptor, what with the flared fenders. The article disses it, I’m on the fence of does it look better or worse?

Also: not a new thing really? https://ecomodder.com/blog/aerocaps-for-pick-up-trucks/

Those louvers though. SMH.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
The monkey doesn't understand ferd sheeple.

A Ford representative who recently swung by for a meeting had one big question, according to Oliver: "If I need 10,000 this week, who's going to build them?"

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The monkey doesn't understand ferd sheeple.

A Ford representative who recently swung by for a meeting had one big question, according to Oliver: "If I need 10,000 this week, who's going to build them?"
Not just Ford people... but Ford F-150 people. There’s more’n ‘em trucks ‘an anything else. And to be fair, you get the right package and they’re just fine as a truck.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Functionally, I think it’s less limited than a tonneau cover. More room. One could still chuck bikes in there upright: put fork mounts at the front of the bed and have bikes in forward, covered by the topper. Not as good as Grampa’s topper though, which is how I roll. I don’t like the louvers, but whatever. I mean, I wouldn’t hoon any of that nonsense, TBH.

It definitely looks different on a Raptor, what with the flared fenders. The article disses it, I’m on the fence of does it look better or worse?

Also: not a new thing really? https://ecomodder.com/blog/aerocaps-for-pick-up-trucks/

Those louvers though. SMH.
I can fit 24, 80 pound bales of hay under that topper

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Honestly I find this more objectionable
2005-dodge-ram-daytona-2.jpg

I get that they were trying to pay homage to Charger Daytona, but still.....