Quantcast

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Got to test drive a supercharged one today (supposedly 650HP) Not quite as impractical as you may think, i was a "hater" until i drove it, you feel nothing, and its nice and tall, but handles better than my tundra which is lower, and doesnt have ridiculous fox suspension. I still cant see driving it in the woods on the east coast,(after all, its like 45k before the work it got) so its still a really expensive toy, but if you lookin for a nice truck, it drives great, but i will say, i dont think i would ever be able to own 1 without the SC on it :D It is easily the smoothest truck ever, and if you never beat on it, im sure it could last forever (yes i know its a ford)think of how strong it must be built, you could get groceries forever!

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
damn...I might be needing a new truck if I get this job I just interviewed for. If I could afford it I would get a new raptor but I'll probably end up getting a used Taco.
truthfully, u cant go wrong with a used taco, a raptor is complete overkill, which may be the reason we all like it, its nice because it drive like a caddy, but handles half decent, and makes you feel invincible. I will however say, consider going new on the taco if you can, i dont have the stats, but last time i was at the toyo dealer, they were saying that its the truck that holds its value the best, and most used tacos arent really worth the money you pay, so be careful with that.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
truthfully, u cant go wrong with a used taco, a raptor is complete overkill, which may be the reason we all like it, its nice because it drive like a caddy, but handles half decent, and makes you feel invincible. I will however say, consider going new on the taco if you can, i dont have the stats, but last time i was at the toyo dealer, they were saying that its the truck that holds its value the best, and most used tacos arent really worth the money you pay, so be careful with that.
Dealers will always say that in order to sell the newest model.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Dealers will always say that in order to sell the newest model.
Well, yes, but there is something to be said about that, we are good family friends with the guy that told me this, i dont think he was trying to sell me a truck (after all, i already bought my tundra there) It makes sense to me, and im sure that he was correct, i see used tacomas going for 5k less then they are new, for 5k why wouldnt you get a new 1, id pay 5k to have my odo set back to 0. this was an example from a friend of mine who just got a new taco, all the used ones were only 5-7 less than his would have cost. (fully loaded taco crew cab)

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Raptor :thumb:

I would have a hard time deciding between a Raptor, a Power Wagon and a Titan Pro-4x. And I drive a Chevy right now.

Used Toyotas are overpriced. You may as well buy new. Shop around and you should be able to find a price close to one that is a couple years old.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
what a gay fvcking name. there's already a 4-wheeler named that sh*t so it just sounds so lame naming your gay ass truck the same thing!!!

does it really say FORD

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
either way, i guess it's cool you get to rip around in one. somebody has to do it!

Last edited:

tylerpier137

Monkey
Mar 29, 2007
ventura
A buddy of mine has one of these and use's it to chase for his race truck in Baja. I wouldnt mind owning one myself but, at 10 mpg I'll pass.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?

I'd rather have this if anything. FWIW, the raptor seems like it's gay. I guess it may ride smoothly and all, but what the hell am I going to use a truck with a skid plate for? The train tracks around NJ aren't big enough...

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I bet that raptor is freaking awesome if driven for it's intended use. Around town too much, meh.
Sweet that you got to drive one! I would buy one if I was loaded, but my tundra is working out great and I'll probably have it for a long time. I just hope gas doesn't hit $4 this spring as predicted :(

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
I've seen a couple of raptors in my area driving by guys who most likely don't even 4 x 4. Like 4130 biker saId it's an awesome truck if used for it's intended use .

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
its the east coast equivalent of the Riverside, CA F350 with a 2' lift and exhaust stacks
Actually from what I've read in the Wheeler mags it sounds like the Raptor is a better pre-runner type rig with all of it's sussy travel, wide wheel track and tons of power and would make mnore sense out west than on the east coast's tight types of trail.

While they look pretty cool and I wouldn't mind taking it WOT out on some desert dirt roads for a while for me something narrower, shorter and with a diesel would be more up my alley. For that kind of money I could build up a old Landy Defender with a TDi, Toy E-locker axles, and some narrow 35's.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
I have shuttled in one, and it is by FAR, the best truck I have shuttled in. The fox coilover suspension destroys washboard dirt roads. Insane traction, smoothness and power. It just slays with 8 people and bikes.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I want to be able to unlock the doors, start it, then change the radio station on an Airplane with my phone. If I can't then I am not buying one. Its a deal breaker.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have shuttled in one, and it is by FAR, the best truck I have shuttled in. The fox coilover suspension destroys washboard dirt roads. Insane traction, smoothness and power. It just slays with 8 people and bikes.

ftfy.

and you can fit 8 people in that?

bullsh!t.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
the 4-door only fits 5 people and hasnt yet been released. 8 people in a club cab obviously isnt possible.
it has. I sat in one at a dealer 2 weeks ago in Woodland Hills (outside Los Angeles). They have tons of room in the backseat. 4 door is the way to go.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm test driving one this week. Its about time to replace the Taco, and for around here (AZ) it would be a great desert rig.