Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This isn't 100% accurate. SCORE rules prohibit pre-running the course in the same vehicle you race with.

I believe this was originally to stop race teams from showing up in mexican cities on non-race days, terrorizing the population and giving score a bad name.
they were just doing mexican cities a favor by switching it up from the daily routine of being terrorized by drug cartels

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
yeah, I have no desire to shuttle 8 people. I tried talking the girlfriend into a diesel van that I was going to make into a 4x4, she said no way, but liked my other option (pick up with a topper outfitted to sleep in the bed) so I went that route.

i thought it was but the google is failing me right now
I didn't really look very deeply, but it appears to be the same sized cab. Which is where I got confused, but whatever someone was saying about it being bigger than a standard 150.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Isn't the benefit that you retain warranty from Ford too.
i suppose. but if you need to put in a warranty claim because of a cold air intake, headers and cat ( no exhaust?? wtf?), youre doing it wrong

edit: and a ECU flash

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Southern california, more specifically dudes with big lifted trucks down there tend to suck at life, don't forget that. Tapout stickers and tribal tats are about as dumb as a hippie in an F250 with 35s.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

The Raptor is pretty damn sweet and right from the factory. No matter what any company builds they are going to have people hate on them. I have a Tundra now and it would be a tough decision when the time comes to pick up a new Tundra or fork out for the Raptor.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not mud tires, BF goodrich all terrains. I know it isn't the most economical but I still need to get my gear into the woods.....
How far into the woods do you go? I can get pretty damn far in my lowered Forester. Any thing more and I can get there in my wife's Forester. And if you are on all terrain tires, then you can't get any deeper into the woods than any soccer mom in a Tahoe.

You need to be honest with yourself here...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
All of SoCal folk are retarded if we have a 'pre-runner' or lifted truck, but Mooshoo needs a diesel F-250on 35s to carry 30lbs of gear deeeeeep into the woods.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Pot. Kettle. Black.

The Raptor is pretty damn sweet and right from the factory. No matter what any company builds they are going to have people hate on them. I have a Tundra now and it would be a tough decision when the time comes to pick up a new Tundra or fork out for the Raptor.
I would still take a tundra any day, toyotas are nice as hell

How far into the woods do you go? I can get pretty damn far in my lowered Forester. Any thing more and I can get there in my wife's Forester. And if you are on all terrain tires, then you can't get any deeper into the woods than any soccer mom in a Tahoe.

Far enough to get my 2wd truck stuck 8 or 10 times last summer

All of SoCal folk are retarded if we have a 'pre-runner' or lifted truck, but Mooshoo needs a diesel F-250on 35s to carry 30lbs of gear deeeeeep into the woods.
I drive a cummins thank you, not some POS power joke. It was either that or get a 4 runner that gets the same mileage, with half the space, half the power, and half the reliability,

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

Fireroads /= woods

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
In all honesty, if you can't see why a raptor would be fun to own, you also don't know enough about what they were intended for to pass judgement. That's the case with most purpose built vehicles though. It would be just as retarded for someone who's never going to haul ass off road to own one of these as it would be for someone who's never going to tow a trailer to own a dually.

Could someone who knew what they were doing build something better for cheaper? Yep.
Are there things that drive better on the road more efficiently?
Yep.
Could I show someone a pants crapping good time if I got to take them for a ride in one out at glamis or down in san felipe? Yep.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fireroads /= woods
If he is as broke as he says he is, then he shouldn't have enough money to drive far enough into the Sierra's to get into non-fire road off-road. The only places remotely local are OHV parks which does not have anything which would be do able in his truck, which Wifey's Forester could do. Away from that are the full rock crawled trails outside of Tahoe. I'd again put money on his truck's inability to handle those trails.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A dealer will blame a window regulator on anything in that list though.
... and thanks to Magnuson Moss their attempt at denial will ultimately fail. Can they make your life unpleasant for a while as the claim works its way up the chain, on the other hand? Sure.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
A dealer will blame a window regulator on anything in that list though.
Thanks to the magnuson moss warranty act you're incorrect.

I don't think I'd let a dealership work on my vehicle unless it was something I absolutely could not afford to fix myself. I reluctantly done my GTI's oil change through the dealership because it's free, after they gave me back a car with an oil leak and way too much oil I'm doing the rest on my own, and using some redline oil instead of that castrol junk.

The raptor is a damn nice truck for what it is. I'd compare it to a Jeep wrangler before I'd compare it to a hummer though, because unlike a hummer both won't snap a tie-rod the second a tires graces a gravel.

however, all three be found at a mall near you. Probably with lambo doors and too much stereo trash.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I drive a cummins thank you, not some POS power joke. It was either that or get a 4 runner that gets the same mileage, with half the space, half the power, and half the reliability,
so hold on 1 minute, an old DODGE is going to be more reliable than a toyota? I think ive seen it all. This may be the most retarded statement, and the irony is you thinking the dodge is better than the ford, sure the motor is, but thats like buying a huffy for the tubes.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
so hold on 1 minute, an old DODGE is going to be more reliable than a toyota? I think ive seen it all. This may be the most retarded statement, and the irony is you thinking the dodge is better than the ford, sure the motor is, but thats like buying a huffy for the tubes.
the engine will probably be more reliable then your Toyota engine, yes.

and i wouldnt equate a truck's engine to a bicycle's tubes.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
the engine will probably be more reliable then your Toyota engine, yes.

and i wouldnt equate a truck's engine to a bicycle's tubes.
maybe not, but of all the things i would be worried about in a truck, the engine is the one i would care "least" about. His engine may last another X miles more, maybe even alot, but will the vehicle as a whole, the tranny, joints, suspension. I havent owned many cars, but i have always had problems with things aside from the motor. The motor may be the most expensive part of the truck, (or maybe not, idk) but i think in most cars (stock) the motor out lives the joints/brakes/heat-ac/and so on. Think about how many old toyo pickups are on the road, has to be a reason for it. I know you can fix anything, but dodge hasnt been known for the most reliable trucks. I find it hard to believe an old dodge, as a whole, is more reliable than a small toyota.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I reeeaaally hate to do this because it would associate me with mooshoo; but my pops has almost the exact truck the kid has. A '97 2500 cummins. My dad has dumped an extensive amount of money into this vehicle (he tows 15,000 lbs regularly) and I can attest to the fact that even though he babies it; the engine is the only thing going for that truck. By 200k almost everything drivetrain-wise had to be replaced. Due to aftermarket being superior in every way than factory for this vehicle it can now go another 500k without a hiccup (highway mostly), it is only NOW a nice vehicle. Dont kid yourself bud, the only thing going for you is that motor. Also, that truck SUCKS off-road. Combine the front-end weight of the cummins motor with highway gearing and Joker's forester as well as my Impreza can go much "deeper into da woods" than that truck can without extensive work.

P.S. that Raptor looks like a helluva lot of fun.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Complaints about the Cummins usually revolve around the fact the whole truck self-destructs leaving a perfectly reliable engine.

You are even more retarded if you don't realize the 7.3 PSD is one of the best production engines produced for a truck....or any vehicle for that matter.

I can't help but chuckle to think that you bought a Cummins over a 4 Runner for "hauling gear into the woods". If memory serves me right, you bought a long bed, which has 'nimble' written all over it.

That Raptor is badass and would eat your Dodge truck alive in any terrain. Guaranteed.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I suspect this is because you're a $hitty driver. :busted:
Not the best driver, but i've been wheeling enough times with my friends toyotas to know what I'm doing off road

I reeeaaally hate to do this because it would associate me with mooshoo; but my pops has almost the exact truck the kid has. A '97 2500 cummins. My dad has dumped an extensive amount of money into this vehicle (he tows 15,000 lbs regularly) and I can attest to the fact that even though he babies it; the engine is the only thing going for that truck. By 200k almost everything drivetrain-wise had to be replaced. Due to aftermarket being superior in every way than factory for this vehicle it can now go another 500k without a hiccup (highway mostly), it is only NOW a nice vehicle. Dont kid yourself bud, the only thing going for you is that motor. Also, that truck SUCKS off-road. Combine the front-end weight of the cummins motor with highway gearing and Joker's forester as well as my Impreza can go much "deeper into da woods"
P.S. that Raptor looks like a helluva lot of fun.
than that truck can without extensive work.
I've got a manual, so my drive train is a hell of allot better than the auto. I've got an nv4500 with like 80K under the hood, a brand new south bend clutch, and some dana 80's drive train should be go for a long time. Now all I have to worry about is the POS body falling apart. And impreza will get stuck allot of the places I want to go, I'm not kidding myself thinking I'm going to crawl the thing, but I can get a hell of allot of crap back pretty damn far reliably and efficiently compared to something else it's size.

Complaints about the Cummins usually revolve around the fact the whole truck self-destructs leaving a perfectly reliable engine.

You are even more retarded if you don't realize the 7.3 PSD is one of the best production engines produced for a truck....or any vehicle for that matter.

I can't help but chuckle to think that you bought a Cummins over a 4 Runner for "hauling gear into the woods". If memory serves me right, you bought a long bed, which has 'nimble' written all over it.

That Raptor is badass and would eat your Dodge truck alive in any terrain. Guaranteed.
A 4 runner wont fit all my gear......

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
maybe not, but of all the things i would be worried about in a truck, the engine is the one i would care "least" about. His engine may last another X miles more, maybe even alot, but will the vehicle as a whole, the tranny, joints, suspension. I havent owned many cars, but i have always had problems with things aside from the motor. The motor may be the most expensive part of the truck, (or maybe not, idk) but i think in most cars (stock) the motor out lives the joints/brakes/heat-ac/and so on. Think about how many old toyo pickups are on the road, has to be a reason for it. I know you can fix anything, but dodge hasnt been known for the most reliable trucks. I find it hard to believe an old dodge, as a whole, is more reliable than a small toyota.
This has to be one of the most retarded posts I have ever read on an online forum, and I've read a lot.

So you'd rather run the risk of having to replace a blown motor for $X,XXX than swap out some shocks, coils, TRE's, bushings, etc for $XX?

Jon, gimme a good derp pic please.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
This has to be one of the most retarded posts I have ever read on an online forum, and I've read a lot.

So you'd rather run the risk of having to replace a blown motor for $X,XXX than swap out some shocks, coils, TRE's, bushings, etc for $XX?

Jon, gimme a good derp pic please.
Read above, the motor is the only thing good in that truck, its not like i am making it up, or the only one saying it, his truck might get 250k, maybe ill only get 200k, but at 200k, the rest of my truck is still fine, while his will need shocks, coils, joints, tranny and diff problems, and im sure more. Read above at what zubdub said, dodge isnt exactly known for reliability. I can probable even argue that a modern gas motor will last longer than mooshoo's diesel which ill venture a guess is probably not running a stock tune. I personally would rather know that the only problem with my truck at 200k is the motor, fix it, and my truck is "good as new" rather than say, well, my motor is nice, but the rest of it is about to fall into a hundred pieces. Zubdub for reference.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
It was mentioned earlier.
Meth lab.

"Wheeling" in a long bed Dodge lifted diesel, that's a laugh...
I don't "wheel" my dodge, if I wanted to wheel, I would go buy an old toyota, put it on some chevy springs and grab a marlin Tcase. I used my truck so go over super crappy fire roads and over streams and things of that nature.

being more illiterate than me, that's a laugh