Quantcast

Fork chitchat... pimp my ride.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
So... Here is the deal. I am building up a Molly and I am seriously considering scrapping the idea of using suspension fork. I really like the look of DMRs Trailblade 2 (and have never had a bad experience with DMR products). With the option of using a 14mm BMX hub, the fork seems perfect. I am just concerned about the height of the fork and how it compares to some of the so highly coveted "tuned" ie., lowered suspension forks that are all the rage these days.

Bottom line is that I want a low front end and I am hoping that the DMR fork will allow for this. I have been looking online for fork heights and the likes but I am finding all kinds of different measurements and standards. Any practical advice out there? Thanks in advance.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
axle to crown is the mesurment you want. zokie calls it total fork height and a "tuned" dj2 @ 80mm has a 463mm A/C height. i can't find a height for the dmr, try contacting them.

Sean

Chimp
May 16, 2006
The DMR at 440mm should work well. I lowered my Sherman to 440mm and it rides nice.

This bike has a DMR fork on it.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
You might want to think about a FUNN rigid fork also. I think they use a 20mm thru axle that way if you decide to go with a fork you don't have to buy a new wheel also.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
If you're going rigid why not just do the BMX thing?
Trust me... I've considered it. I have even owned a Macneil DeuceDeuce.

Thing is is that I love the fit/feel of 24" bikes. Every cruiser I have ever ridden has instantly felt better for me than comparable BMXs. I am tall (6'3"). I know that many BMX pros are monster tall too but 24s and a cruiser-ish frame are just the things that float my boat.

With the exception of wheel size and bar, this bike will basically be a BMX bike.

Thanks for all the input, monkeys. I knew you wouldn't dissappoint.