Quantcast

fork for pdc 8two5

eddiegold

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
Just sold the shiver Dc that i have been running on my pdc 8two5 and iam unsure which of the 07 forks i should get.
I've been totally happy with the shiver i'd just like to lighten the front end.
I've narrowed it down to either the coil totem 1.5" or the 888SL, both come in at around the same price.
I know that they have only just come out so dont expect any insight into the ride performance but seeing as i've been happy with the shiver's performance iam sure either would be cool.
I was initially going to go for the totem but was just wondering if the axle to crown would be too short for it. I also like the travel adjust feature of the 888.
Any ideas on which would suit the 8two5 best or would they both be a fine match for it
thanks

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
it depends on alot, if you want the bike for general downhill riding the totem would be fine but if this is your dh race frame i dont think i would put a single crown on it.

eddiegold

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
dont race downhill but do a few uplift days, a bit of everything really.
Not that worried about putting a single crown as i ran manipoo's on my asx for couple of years and apart from them breaking alot due to poor quality they were fine

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The geometry of the PDC requires a big fork. I had a Boxxer on there and the BB was so low it was unridable. I would get the 888, just so the geo is correct, or a Fox or Boxxer. With the single crowns, I think your bb is just going to be too low to ride it.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
depends where you like your ha. i'ts a bit on the steep & low side - ie, with my boxxer lowered all the way, it's got a ~13.5" bb & 66d ha (i've got it as high as i can right now - still a low 13.75bb, closer to 65d ha). i'd personally go for the 888 for the extra height & travel.

*edit* ^^what he said^^

eddiegold

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
yeah thats what i was thinking, i've lost count of the number of times i've smacked my pedals on rocks cause of the low bb.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
depends where you like your ha. i'ts a bit on the steep & low side - ie, with my boxxer lowered all the way, it's got a ~13.5" bb & 66d ha (i've got it as high as i can right now - still a low 13.75bb, closer to 65d ha). i'd personally go for the 888 for the extra height & travel.
Have you got an accurate way to measure the ha? It'd be interesting to hear an exact min+max with the boxxer and your flush headset.

I like the idea of a frame that starts fairly low, because it's pretty easy to slacken a bike if needed, but usually you have to deal with unwanted BB height because it's average or high to begin with.