Quantcast

fork for soul cycles

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
How heavy are you? Riding ability? Riding use?

If you're average size, a decent rider, and are riding pretty much totally DJ/street then I'd go for a Nemesis tuned Z1. It's a Marzocchi Z1 that Nemesis Project (nemesisproject.com) goes through and lowers to the height you want.

For DJ and street, I would also recommend an 80mm fork as oppossed to 100mm. It'll give you a quicker handling bike and you don't need 4" of travel because you want to pump and stuff efficiently. If you end up with a 4" fork run it stiff.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I would think the lowered Z1 would be great for you then. It's a beefy fork for freeride that's made even stronger by lowering, yet it's still as light or lighter than similar DJ forks.

Another option would be the Marzocchi Dirt Jumper. Heavier, but beefier than the Z1 if you think you're gonna be hard on it.

Personally I stay away from Manitou. They tend to blow from my experiences w/ them.

Rockshox makes the Pike, a very versatile fork, as well as the Argyle DJ fork. Sounds like the Pike may be good for you. It can develop some creaks but overall it's pretty reliable and RS has good CS.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Not really. It'll teach you to be smooth. And it's cheap/reliable. To be honest I don't really like the feel, but it'll teach you a lot.

Look at the Funn Stiffy fork or other similar DJ-specific forks. There are a lot of rigid XC forks out there. Steer clear of those and get a burly one.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Honestly no. It's not damped. It's really just a spring. I mean you can do it but the performance will suck and I've seen those things bend before. For just throwing together something to ride, yeah it's doable but it's definatley not ideal.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I also have a lowered and tuned 66vf2 in the classifides if anyone is intrested .... anyone .... anyone .... Bueller ... Bueller ?

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
I just bought a soul cycles loki and am wondering what 100mm fork i should put on it

What are your plans for the bike? I put an stance static on mine and have really had god luck with it. for DJ and park i am not looking for small bump sensitivity or damping performance but do need stiffness and don't want a pogo stick. it took some tuning but I have it working the way I want. I know eveyone on here will now bash this post but It seems to work for the application. I have since switched to a Roscoe and would like something better for the loki for 4x and bmx use but for park and dj it is hard to beat the price/performance of the stance

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
An MX comp will work until you get something better. They're really not that terrible, but there's a large sinkhole of stuff to want with one. One bad landing would blow the fork, put it that way.