Quantcast

Fork Help

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
I have been thinking lately about giving a rigid fork a go. It seem to me that if you run a shock at 65mm. Witch makes it very stif what is benefit of a shock in the front. It is like useing a rigid fork any way.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I have been thinking lately about giving a rigid fork a go. It seem to me that if you run a shock at 65mm. Witch makes it very stif what is benefit of a shock in the front. It is like useing a rigid fork any way.

I don't know if you were aware, or if you around at the time, but the very first suspension forks to hit the consumer market for mtb were around 50-65mm. I still have an old Manitou 4 elastomer fork too, haha...

Also, I have both an '06 Marzo DJ2 that is slammed to 50mm (yeah, you read that right) with a NemPro kit, and I have a Rebate 1420 set-up with a solid crown race so I can swap both forks very easily on my Molly (I shaved the disc tabs off of both forks with a pnuematic grinder as well).
It works out great and barely changes the geometry between both, so adjustment time is zero. If you doubt there is a difference between 50mm and rigid, take my word for it, there most def. is. Rigid is fun, light, simple, and although I suck to the 10th power at them, nose manuals are still fun to attempt hopping curbs! but, if I feel I need the extra give and confidence (I had wrist surgery for a shattered scafoid a few years ago), then I go with the trusty stout DJ2!

try'em both, their fun! :busted:

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
I was think about a Rebate 1420 or a NemPro 4X at 65mm. BikeSATORI do you know were I can get a Rebate 1420 in the us or any one. I do have to say that you have one of the nicest US Mollys on the site and with is up with the dead quote on the other post (pitchin' a wang-dang-doodle all night long).

-Brian

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I was think about a Rebate 1420 or a NemPro 4X at 65mm. BikeSATORI do you know were I can get a Rebate 1420 in the us or any one. I do have to say that you have one of the nicest US Mollys on the site and with is up with the dead quote on the other post (pitchin' a wang-dang-doodle all night long).

-Brian
Hey thanks a lot Brian, I appreciate the words... really wish I could post up some updated pics of my rig right now, but someone stole my frickin' camera!

as for "pitchin' a wang dang doodle all night long", that's not a dead quote, that's some Howlin' Wolf, my man! Means I'm throwin' down, lettin' loose and just havin' a good time!
listen and learn, the blues is roots and everything else is just fruits, my friend!

oh yeah, bti carries 1420s now! yeah, they brought'em over, rejoice! haha... so yeah, anywhere that uses bti as a distributor can get'em for ya'. :clapping: you can also get the Rebate "Jump" I believe, but it's the sought after "Park" Rebate that still hasn't hit our shores... no biggie though unless you really wanted to run a bmx hub with no tabs or anything.... not hard to grind tabs off though...

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
BikeSATORI you are right but the dead did a cover of it. I just for got taht is was a Howlin' Wolf song.

-Brian