Quantcast

>>>Fork me Friday GMT<<<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I'm not sure what I did to anger the biking gods but it must have been something egregious. Maiden voyage on tubeless tires last night ended with a flat a couple of miles in. I ripped a hole in the tire that was too big for sealant to plug. That makes the 5th flat in 5 rides. Not to mention having flatted so many times in the past few rides I had no more tubes in my pack. I walked out. :(

Nick, Evan, what Boulder area shops have a pretty good selection of tires? I think I'm just going to replace both and get all set up again on a set of freshies.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Got my eyes tested yesterday after work. Pretty cool how they don't have to dilate your pupils anymore since they have that machine that takes a digital picture of the inside of your eye.

Hoping to spend some time building storage shelves in my basement this weekend.

Mornin!

I'm not sure what I did to anger the biking gods but it must have been something egregious. Maiden voyage on tubeless tires last night ended with a flat a couple of miles in. I ripped a hole in the tire that was too big for sealant to plug. That makes the 5th flat in 5 rides. Not to mention having flatted so many times in the past few rides I had no more tubes in my pack. I walked out. :(

Nick, Evan, what Boulder area shops have a pretty good selection of tires? I think I'm just going to replace both and get all set up again on a set of freshies.
Punctures that won't seal have been a PITA in my life with tubeless tires so far... exacerbated by the fact that I was going overboard with low tire pressure...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
But... but... but... tubeless is supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced cannabis.

As a famous man once told me:

"But I mostly run tubeless, which works 97% of the time. The other 3% can be a real ****ing bitch, though. Make you wanna kick puppies and throw tools, in that order."

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Tim: what tires are you running now? I use Minions DHFs. They're heavyish but I haven't flatted 2-3 times since converting two years ago.

I have a stack of 2.35 & 2.5 Minions in the garage, which setup tooblessly very well, and you can grab a pair for a few $$ and beer. :D

Or, check out The Fix in Boulder. They stock Maxxis and Specialized tires and will have something for ya.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Tim: what tires are you running now? I use Minions DHFs. They're heavyish but I haven't flatted 2-3 times since converting two years ago.

I have a stack of 2.35 & 2.5 Minions in the garage, which setup tooblessly very well, and you can grab a pair for a few $$ and beer. :D

Or, check out The Fix in Boulder. They stock Maxxis and Specialized tires and will have something for ya.
Minion DHFs actually. They were from my parts bin though so there was no guarantee that they didn't have a cut or rip that just let go.

I may have to take you up on that offer next time I'm down your way. I'll probably grab something today to get rolling again but the one existing tire that did set up well has maybe 50% life left in it as a front tire.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Hot week. I put the window A/C units in the baby's room and our bedroom, forcing me to use earplugs but blissfully normalizing interior temperature.

I also felt productive and vacuumed under the bed, etc. for the first time since moving in in July. Lifting a queen bed + memory foam mattress is tough work for this old man!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Howdy all. Hot week. I put the window A/C units in the baby's room and our bedroom, forcing me to use earplugs but blissfully normalizing interior temperature.

I also felt productive and vacuumed under the bed, etc. for the first time since moving in in July. Lifting a queen bed + memory foam mattress is tough work for this old man!
A/C in Seattle? :think:

You may die here.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Central A/C? Think of the *children*, doc...

Oh, the coal-fired humanity.

;)
I'm ok with a coal-powered house (and Jessica's coal-powered car) if it helps me literally sleep at night. :D If we build in the future we're going to go full-retard full boat with thick insulation and solar, etc., though.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Naw - that's the back of the house. They've taken to putting the garage on the back in a lot of new "yuppie" developments...
Yup. Garage is on the alley. Getting it as far away from bedroom windows as possible is fine by me.

XLT trim as I guessed? I can't tell what the chrome grill implies. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I like backup cameras. Hell, I like our LEAF's Around View Camera even more. Direct visualization >> seeing part of the world through mirrors ex regions obscured by bodywork.