Quantcast

Fork NOT for sale.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Price: None! I'm just looking to see what the fork is worth. Not actually selling it yet so this is not a for sale as of yet.
The fork is an Axel thru Downhill type fork.
It has never been used and I mean not even been rode for a break in period.

I'm just looking to see what kind of price I can get for it. It's a Manitou Single Crown 2006/7 TRAVIS came with the bike, has a 1.5 steer tube diameter with 8.75 inches of steer tube. It does NOT look like it's been sawn. It has a full 7 inches of travel.

I bought the bike, took it off day one, and put on a brand new Travis Triple clamp 1.125 steer tube with a new headset so I'd have 8 inches.

Let's keep it pro please. No need for manitou haters to say, it's worth nothing. :imstupid:

I just want feedback before I put it up for sale on here or Ebay.

Has no use. Not a scratch on it. Give me an idea of what you'd pay for it, either let me know here or send me a PM. If I can get an idea I'll either put it up here or on ebay, if I can't get much out of it, I'll sell it to a friend cheap at least I'm helping a buddy that way.

BigHitr

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
It's a Manitou Travis single, however it's the 1.5 steer tube so the fork clamp is much larger, and appears much more sturdy than the Triple I just bought to replace it. And when I say it's new, I'm not joking around here, it's a brand new fork. I have seen the Travis single 1.5 steer tube online and it's like $750 new. But I don't see anyone spending that much for a Travis single, 2006, even if it's new and never used. The only difference between the 2006 and 07, Manitou told me was the stantion color, black 06 and gold 07. Thus the reason I didn't have a problem buying the 06 Triple to replace it. And considering Manitou is STILL behind on production on the 2008, and it's only advancement is an air rebound or dampening, if I recall what Manitou said, I think it's rebound, and it's only plus is it's quieter due to the air rebound, so waiting for the 2008 I figured wasn't worth it.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
They were on blowout for $99 thru an online retailer a few months ago. I picked one up for my nomad. It was common knowlege at the time, and even though YOU didn't get it thru the sale, it doesn't mean people pay any higher than that sale price. Honestly, i'd keep it as a backup...

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. That sale was on the Travis Single 150, not the long travel single you have. In that case, I would price it accordingly to what most are selling for on ebay, then sell it for $25 cheaper.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Well, Ebay is a bunch of vultures. Everyone stands around waiting for the last 15 seconds to bid on a good item that's worth buying and the final price is way low and the seller always get's screwed. I'd rather stay off of Ebay and sell it on a forum like this that will get serious riders that want a good fork rather than some very young kids that are looking for a fork that is out of their range and a chance to steal it. Not fair to me considering how nice a fork it is. I can't just let it go for peanuts. I'll offer it to a buddy before I let it go on Ebay dirt cheap. Least I'd be helping out a friend that way.

There's a swap around my area soon, I might just go and try and swap it that day.

Thanks.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
If you think you'll get more at a swap meet than on Ebay you're smokin crack. My buddy just got back from a swap meet and picked up a fully functioning Shiver, Fox 40 Ti spring, and a pair of TLD moto shorts all for 90 bucks. My manager at my shop got a set of 4k carbon road wheels for 500 bucks.

Whether you like Ebay or not, it still remains the most accurate place to asses an Item's worth.

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
Well, Ebay is a bunch of vultures. Everyone stands around waiting for the last 15 seconds to bid on a good item that's worth buying and the final price is way low and the seller always get's screwed.
I was under the impression that this was the way you're supposed to do it. Who bids on an item with 7 days left? And no one gets screwed if they have a reserve. If they don't, well that's their fault.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I was under the impression that this was the way you're supposed to do it. Who bids on an item with 7 days left? And no one gets screwed if they have a reserve. If they don't, well that's their fault.
Exactly, I've sold plenty of items for 50-100 more than I paid for them. And waiting till the last 15 seconds is just good strategy.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Yeh, but I find reserves are BS too. Then you get people bump'n the bid up a dollar at a time all week till the auction is almost over and reserve auctions seem to most of the time wind up not ending with a sale. I find you have to have a low reserve to get any bites and then you're at the merci of the vultures again. So Ebay isn't worth it to me. Unless I put it up for a set starting bid. Then it don't sell either . I'm just like everyone else. I'll wait for a steal on Ebay. I think selling it in the warm months just before summer gives me a better price if I do though.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
If you think you'll get more at a swap meet than on Ebay you're smokin crack. My buddy just got back from a swap meet and picked up a fully functioning Shiver, Fox 40 Ti spring, and a pair of TLD moto shorts all for 90 bucks. My manager at my shop got a set of 4k carbon road wheels for 500 bucks.

Whether you like Ebay or not, it still remains the most accurate place to asses an Item's worth.

exactly