Quantcast

fork prices

has anyone noticed how much forks cost these days?

http://www.jensonusa.com/search/?s=sherman&sc=EM041504&x=y

That's why I'm gonna keep buying marzocchis, think about it, the second most expensive Z1(FR) is cheaper that all but one fork in the sherman line......for 749 i'll get, say, a boxxer race before i get a sherman breakout........and the Z150 is not much more than 600....

i like my Z1....now that i know the value it packs....

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I was noticing that the other day, can you believe that anybody would pay the same price for a psylo as you would for a z1??? Well at least the boxxer race continues to be cheap.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A cool thousand will still buy you the top of the line marzochhi as well. Can't say that for just about anyone else these days. Admittedly there is some cool stuff on the X-works. I might not value it at $1800, but due to those factors I think they can "get away" with charging a little more for it...although I'd simply get an avalanche DHF8

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by nicklin
has anyone noticed how much forks cost these days?

http://www.jensonusa.com/search/?s=sherman&sc=EM041504&x=y

That's why I'm gonna keep buying marzocchis, think about it, the second most expensive Z1(FR) is cheaper that all but one fork in the sherman line......for 749 i'll get, say, a boxxer race before i get a sherman breakout........and the Z150 is not much more than 600....

i like my Z1....now that i know the value it packs....
for 749, i'd rather have a sherman slider plus than a sherman breakout or a boxxer race:rolleyes: . I'm a proud Zoki owner as it is though :D

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
the DHF weighs a lot more then the X works
to be exact my DHF8 weighs 1.3kg (2.86 lbs) more the dorado X

i hope the dorado can keep up with the dhf if not there will be one for sale very soon :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
For $749 you get a Slider Plus, with a stiffer chassis than a Boxxer and a siginficantly better damping system, and you need to pay $50 more to get a comperable Marz. DC fork (the Super T is $799).

If you want a nice cartridge damper at a value price, you can get a Sherman Flick for $449, but in order to get a decent cartridge damper from Marz, you need to bump up to the Z.1 FR @ $515.

To say the Z.1 FR is cheaper than all but one Sherman fork is misleading - there are only two Sherman forks that are 5" (and therefore comperable to the Z.1 FR). So what you're ACTUALLY saying is that the Z.1 FR is cheaper than a Sherman Firefly. But again, you can't get that nice cartridge damper in a cheaper model, either, unlike the Manitou.

I think the true value winner this year is the Sherman Slider Plus. SPV technology, stiff racable chassis, light weight, and cheaper than any comperable fork on the market (the super-spiking Boxxer Race is, IMO, not comperable).

For $289, the Psylo XC ain't a bad value either.

Z.1's are nice forks and they aren't priced as far ahead of the competition as they used to be, but an outright claim about their spectacular value isn't really valid.