Quantcast

fork rebuilding

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
i dont really want to totaly rebuild my forks, but i want to change the oil and clean em out. i have marzocchi bomber qr20 z3's. iv heard that the fluid is suposed to be like 500ml from the top, but im not totaly sure. i also want them kinda stiff. is there a list out there somewhere?

thanks, mike

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
look on the marzocchi site for the exact oil levels. you will need to know the year of your fork which is printed on bottom of your fork leg.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
okay, i found it (man im a retard). i was way off, its 50mm from the top of the stanchions to the top of the fluid level in case anyone was wondering.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
so i fill it without the springs? then put the springs in? wouldnt that bring the fluid level up?

WV Hippy

Chimp
May 20, 2004
Make sure the fork is compressed and the springs are out. Piece of cake. Use spectro gold. Check the manual for oil wieght. You can play with the oil hieght a little to change the characteristics of the travel ie more oil will make the fork ramp up more at the end of the travel. Less oil will have the opposite effect making the travel more linear. A A millimeter or two is all it takes to change things. Don't go more than 5mm past the standard hieght or you'll likely blow seals.