Quantcast

Fork reviews in Velonews

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Good article on XC race forks in the latest Velonews. They test and rate the Fox F80x, Rockshox SID team and World Cup, Manitou Skarab Super, Marzzcchi Marathon SL, and the White Brothers XC.8.

I have really been suprised by my SID team. The article actually rates this fork the highest due to cost, weight, stiffness. Not that it is stiff; but the value, perfomance, and adjustability are all good.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by Squeak
Good article on XC race forks in the latest Velonews. They test and rate the Fox F80x, Rockshox SID team and World Cup, Manitou Skarab Super, Marzzcchi Marathon SL, and the White Brothers XC.8.

I have really been suprised by my SID team. The article actually rates this fork the highest due to cost, weight, stiffness. Not that it is stiff; but the value, perfomance, and adjustability are all good.
what did they say about the F80X?

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Originally posted by Deyv
what did they say about the F80X?
It is a good fork, and quite a bit more stiff than the SID. They thought it was a little heavy, but a great fork! They put it second, because it costs too damn much!

I would have one if they were cheaper.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by Squeak
It is a good fork, and quite a bit more stiff than the SID. They thought it was a little heavy, but a great fork! They put it second, because it costs too damn much!

I would have one if they were cheaper.
What about the inertia valve. I don't really like the Epic concept and I am wondering if the inertia valve on the fork would behave exactly the same?