Quantcast

Fork Warranty Desks: Have to be difficult?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
With the major fork companies, I have noticed the hardest time getting a warranty, where I am swearing after my call for a RA.

While I don't enjoy the grilling over the phone, I assume the difficulty warrantying forks, from $100 forks to kids acting like shop owners to get their work done for free.

What do you guys think?

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I've only called Marzocchi once for what I thought for sure would be a valid warranty issue. I had one ride on a brand new 888 and one of the adjuster knobs fell off.

I called Marzocchi and was denied warranty because of "improper installation". They said it was improperly installed because I didn't check the tightness of the knob bolt during installation. Lame.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I've only called Marzocchi once for what I thought for sure would be a valid warranty issue. I had one ride on a brand new 888 and one of the adjuster knobs fell off.

I called Marzocchi and was denied warranty because of "improper installation". They said it was improperly installed because I didn't check the tightness of the knob bolt during installation. Lame.
Ha! That sucks. You should have told them they had to honor the warranty because of "improper shipping" since they forgot to tighten the knob bolt before they shipped it to you.:lighten:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
If your fork just arrived in a box from Italy/Taiwan (depending on the year), got shipped from distribution warehouse to store to your house.....why wouldn't you check every fastener on it before using it?

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Forks are a tough one. There's alot of unintended use out there, and not-so-hot-installation. It sucks when someone good gets burned by warrenty regulation, but there are alot of people trying to warrenty claim for sh*t they shouldn't have been doing.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
my 07 66sl got stuck down twice, after the first, and then the second ride. They warrantied it both times no questions asked.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
marzocchi warrentied(spelling?) my 66VF after they put the wrong steer tube in it, but it did take them 4 months