Quantcast

Fork?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I finally decided on a Black Market Riot, and I have almost all of the parts all figured out except for the fork. I'm looking at a Float 36 at 80mm, a Float 32 with the 15qr system, or the Float 32 with a standard axle. I'm mainly going to be dirtjumping, but 4x racing could happen every once in a while. I know all 3 are very capable, but is there any major reason to go with one versus another? The 15qr system is cool, but Fox doesn't really want it used for jumping, and hubs are hard to find. The 36 is a bit heavier (still pretty light for what it is) and is very easy to find hubs and parts for. Standard axle fork is just easy to deal with, hubs are very easy, but stiffness is less than the other 2, plus I just like the look of an oversized axle.

If money was no object for a fork, what would you go with for the Riot?

Oh yeah, and does anyone know if King 20mm hubs are adaptable to 15mm?

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
I got a fox 32 rlc f100 and its been great. I got it used for 300 and put it on my p2 for the time being untill I can lower it to 80 and put it on my Subruban.

Its basicly super flush, the adjustments are awsome.

And I have a 20mm Halo SAS front wheel, basicly just got an axle conversion:

Last edited:

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Obviously the standard 9mm axle is tried and true, but is it worth it to go oversized? The 36 is a little bit big, but the weight is still lower than an Argyle by almost half a pound. I don't need to go super light, too light and the bike just doesn't feel right.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Obviously the standard 9mm axle is tried and true, but is it worth it to go oversized? The 36 is a little bit big, but the weight is still lower than an Argyle by almost half a pound. I don't need to go super light, too light and the bike just doesn't feel right.
I would only suggest the 36 for slopestyle and freeride. it just seems like too much bulk for dj and street. I have ridden one and you can definatly feel it.

I'm running somewhat heavyer wheels, it keeps things balanced that way.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I decided on a 32mm Float rlc with the 15qr, hopefully is shows up by the end of the week. The hard part was finding a hub, the Shimano is way too hard to find, so I had to go with a Hope. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to build some wheels and get my bike running.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
I decided on a 32mm Float rlc with the 15qr, hopefully is shows up by the end of the week. The hard part was finding a hub, the Shimano is way too hard to find, so I had to go with a Hope. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to build some wheels and get my bike running.
Good choice!:cheers:

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
its kind of funny that you dropped so much money on a front fork but you decided to get the riot instead of the mob. especially cause your talking about saving weight.
either way should be sick

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Well I kinda got a special hookup on the fork, otherwise it wouldn't have been an option. As far as the frame though, I decided that its basically the same thing as the MOB, and I could build a pretty dope parts kit if I saved some money on the frame. Nothing came in today, for sure tomorrow that frame will be here though, if nothing else I have a loaner fork that I can use from the shop.