Quantcast

Forks Knocking!!?

Roboedge

Chimp
Sep 20, 2009
Glenrothes Fife Scotland
Hello all,

I have Marzo' 888 rcv2 forks which seem to have started knocking when the reach the fully extended position. For example if i ride along a fire road that has very small bumps they 'tap'. It's not the headset! If i hold the front brake on and push down on the forks there's no noise in the compression. When they rebound the knock happens at the final 1cm.

I would like to know if my settings are not right, i.e they need more rebound?

They have the rebound at the top on the right, red dial which turns or smaller tunning on the top of dial + & - signs.

Is it compression issues or do they need serviced?

Many thanks:rolleyes:

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Change your oil and put in the right amount. I have a 07 888 RCX2 and it was going a similar thing. I called Marzocchi and they told me 210 cc per leg, that fixed it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I would highly suggest going off oil heights on all marz forks over oil volumes. Much Much more accurate.

Sounds pretty spot on though, lovely sound the marz makes when it starts cavatating the oil

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
If the oild doesn't fix it, stop riding it and get it looked at by a professional asap. Mine did the same, then the lowers fell off over a jump and now I have two compression fractures in my back as a result. Mine was a 888 rc2x, but I'm thinking the rebound cartridge was the same.