Quantcast

Forks?

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Well, the 04 Super T Pro that came with my Kona has bit the dust. Both stanchions sheered off right at lower crown brace upon landing :eek:. That fork has performed flawlessly until this incident. Anyone have any suggestions for forks? I mostly ride freeride type terrain with fairly large hucks and drops. I want something that will handle this, as well as provide some degree of smoothness in the fast stutter bumps/roots at whistler. I'm looking at the Marz 888 RC right now (they don't make super T s anymore). Any input is welcome

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Liquid10 said:
Well, the 04 Super T Pro that came with my Kona has bit the dust. Both stanchions sheered off right at lower crown brace upon landing :eek:. That fork has performed flawlessly until this incident. Anyone have any suggestions for forks? I mostly ride freeride type terrain with fairly large hucks and drops. I want something that will handle this, as well as provide some degree of smoothness in the fast stutter bumps/roots at whistler. I'm looking at the Marz 888 RC right now (they don't make super T s anymore). Any input is welcome
Good location, I'm in B'ham at my parent's house right now, but will head back to Seattle in a couple hours. I would suggest crash replacement too; but is it under warranty?

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I will post pics soon. What do you mean by crash replacement? (bear with me I don't know much about the warranty thing) Is crash replacement some kind of implied warranty such as "the stanchions are NEVER supposed to break"?

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
call marzocchi up and talk to them, crash replacement is like warranty but you might have to pay some, upgrading to a 888 would be ideal and marzocchi should cut you a good deal. not many people break forks like that.